“Local dive with good food and bad attitude.”
Review of Pride Burger

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pride Burger
Ranked #175 of 288 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: American
“Local dive with good food and bad attitude.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I hate lose-lose situations. They never work well for anyone. Sorry to say, but that is what I encountered at Pride Burger a few months back. I waited a while before writing my comments to ensure that my initial feeling was warranted.

I have always liked the food at Pride Burger. I liked the atmosphere of a locally owned place that offered better food than available at the chain restaurants. The prices were always great.

The incident in question involved a miscommunication on the order. I thought that I had ordered a sandwich combo with an upgrade to a large drink. The order was with a couple of friends. After ordering, I received a large drink. When the food came, I received a sandwich. I told the young lady that brought the food that I had ordered the combo, She went away and returned with the sandwich and told me in a very confrontational attitude that I did not order a combo. I returned the attitude and said that I did not want the sandwich without the fries. She said that I would have to pay the difference. I agreed. She then charged me more in difference than an order of fries and brought the owner over. I told him what happened. He looked at it, and came back and basically said Tough! .

Either I cannot trust the prices, they use a math system that I cannot comprehend, or the owner does not care to keep repeat customers satisfied. Whichever one it is, I cannot support a business that treats their customers like this.

This is a lose-lose situation. We have not been back since this incident occurred. Since we usually went to Pride Burger with a group of people once per week, sometimes twice. The owner is going to lose between one thousand and two thousand dollars per year in sales and I do not get to return to a place that I really liked to visit.

• Visited September 2013