“Great Food, Great Service”

Italian Garden Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 301 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Not sure where "Longhorns96" went to eat, but it sure wasn't here. This is one of the best Italian restaurants in the Entire Dallas area! The food is outstanding, reasonably priced, and the service is beyond compare. On top of that, you can bring your own wine and they do not charge a cork fee. This is family owned, and the owners are on site. They care a great deal about the service that you receive and make sure that your experience is wonderful. If you do have an issue, they will correct it immediately. This place is very close to our house and we eat here all the time, and have never had any issues. I think "Longhorns96" is trying to pass blame, where it does not belong.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

First let me say that we are advocates of supporting local, family owned restaurants and businesses. That being said we cannot support this one.

We ate hear about 2 years ago and had a below average experience. We decided to give it another try again this weekend because it is close to our house and we didn't have the time. I was the only one that ordered a chicken dish and the following day (10 hours) I had severe stomach pains, fever, diarrhea, and was throwing up. Clearly signs of Salmonella. Our daughter's alfredo was more like soup, there was so much thin sauce and the meatball was horrible. My wife ate about 5 bites of her Carbonara...

The food is cheap, they are understaffed, very crowded and loud, and as the phrase goes...you get what you pay for!

Avoid this place at all costs!

1  Thank Longhorns96
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We order it almost every time! But we have also tried the chicken Murphy, and the pizza! Excellent! We at here atleast twice a month!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although I have eaten takeout from Italian Garden in the past, today's meal was eaten in the restaurant. We were seated right away. They have some very pretty murals on the walls. My daughter loves this place and tonight she treated us. We started out with the fried calimari for an appetizer and it was tasty. Then my daughter and I ordered the dinner salad with the house dressing. The house dressing was so good that we bought a bottle of it to take home. My daughter ordered spinach calzone for her entree and she said it was very good. My husband ordered a large chicken caesar salad and it had plenty of chicken on it. He took half of it home for tomorrow's lunch. I ordered the spaghetti and meat sauce and it was also good. We took a cannoli home and split it three ways. The cannoli was so good I wish we had taken more home. Our service was very nice and attentive. We all agreed we would return here.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is by far the best value and best tasting Italian food in McKinney. It’s a family ran business and the owner Benny is always cheerfully greeting us when we arrive. The restaurant is bring your own bottle (alcohol) so the meal price is very inexpensive since you’re not paying for wine or alcohol. My favorite dish on the menu is Chicken Diane however I’ve tried many of the other dishes and there isn’t a bad one on the menu.