“Always Good”

Genghis Grill
Ranked #180 of 325 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed January 8, 2016 via mobile

We love eating here because we get to put together a bowl of exactly what we want to be stir fried. There is a large selection of meats and seafood, and I can't think of a vegetable they don't offer--with even a couple of fruits. There are various sauces to choose from-with tasting spoons to try them so you can get just what you want. You can have the stir fry over fried rice, steamed rice, brown rice, pasta, or a couple of choices I am forgetting. The line moves quickly. The regular size bowl usually gives me more than I can eat and I get to take some home for a snack. Great place for folks who have food allergies--they can choose exactly what they want. Good food for a reasonable price.

Reviewed September 12, 2015

This is really an awesome place to eat. Grab a bowl, pick out the meats that you want, move on down to the variety of the veggies to load in your bowl, then on to the sauces. Everything in the bowl is cooked together along with rice. Hot stir fry...Wow!! Love this place!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2015

Since you select what you want in your stir fry, it's a great place to take picky eaters. We have been several times, butt on the last trip, I noticed they have $2 bottled beer- you can't beat that deal. I also like the way you can pay with the tablet at your table... It is nice not having to wait for the bill to be brought to you- and your card is always in your control.

Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a really good place to eat. You decide how hungry you are and order the bowl to match. Then you go through the serving line and pick out what protein (meat) you want and then load up on vegetables, seasoning, and sauce. You hand your bowl over to the server and the grill your food along with your choice of starch and bring it hot to your table. One of the kids with us is a very picky eater and even she loved it.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

It had been a while since I last ate here. It used to be top notch. We ate there on Black Friday, and we were very disappointed. They have drastically cut back on their meat options, and the veggies looked like they were first served last week. One of the staples that I always had was the boiled eggs, and they no longer offer these either. Needless to say, I will be going to the Genghis in Plano from this point forward.