“Solid Place to Eat”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Allen, Texas
“Solid Place to Eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I think this chain has the best chips, but not necessarily the best salsa. There food is always ample, hot, and tasty...as was the case at this location.

Visited April 2014

Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Good El Fenix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

There are several El Fenix Mexican Restaurants around the Dallas area and this one sits back off the service road in southern McKinney. Construction has been going on along this road for years and I am surprised that many restaurants have been able to stay open. This is one of those that has survived. The service is good and the food is that found at any of the El Fenix restaurants. We find it good since it is not too spicy and is more on the milder side.We opted fro the typical mexican plate of enchiladas, rice and beans. The tortillas are hot and good.

• Visited October 2013
McKinney, Texas
“My favorite is the chips and salsa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

El Fenix has quickly become one of my favorite places to eat. I work just down the road so it's a great choice for lunch. Also, I may stop by after work from time to time just to pick up some chips and salsa! The staff is always friendly and the food is always good.

• Visited October 2013
McKinney, Texas
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Everything was average at best. Our food came out way too quickly to be freshly prepared. it was edible, but very salty and the refried beans were too runny to be eaten with a fork. It is also a very dated decor and didn't seem a clean as it could have been. I will say that our server was very nice and efficient, and provided the only bright spot of the evening. I will not be returning

• Visited April 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I ate at this restaurant during my stay at the Holiday Inn up the street. Their food is wonderful! My favorite was the chips and salsa which is made fresh daily!

• Visited April 2013