“Great atention!!!”

Hutchin's BBQ and Grill
Ranked #1 of 289 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/13/164299/restaurant/Hutchins-BBQ-and-Grill-McKinney
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great atention!!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Beautifull waitres Brenda Torres, very Nice and cute girl, great service and delicious food ! Really love enyoi it !!!!

Georgetown, Ohio
“great ''q''”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great reviews on tripadviser, so we decided to try, was not disappointed. St.louis ribs were very meaty, and the choice of sides are many. There are also bread and deserts to choose from.Price is very reasonable, and good service.

• Visited November 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Wow, Awesome BBQ!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hutchins BBQ has been on my radar for a while now, especially given their recent inclusion in Texas Monthly's list of "Top 50 Barbecue Joints" for 2013. The short, winding line to order ended at the knife men, who slice everything to order right in front of you. No surprises here.

I ordered a Three Meat Plate of sliced brisket, sausage, and ribs (the Texas Trinity). My meats weighed in right at a pound; I certainly had my work cut out for me. Their combo plates come with two side dishes, which are all set out self-serve buffet style. I picked the Texas beans and potato salad.

The potato salad was both creamy and crunchy at the same time. It had just the right amount of salt, with a hint of dill too. The pickles gave it a nice flavor. The beans were also really tasty. I found big chunks of tender brisket mixed right in. The seasoning blend was perfect - not spicy, but definitely not bland either.

With my side dishes out of the way, it was time for the main attraction. The brisket looked gorgeous and had a deep black crust, with a thick smoke ring beneath. The meat was extremely tender and juicy and had an almost silky texture to it. There was a good amount of smoke and a very tasty seasoning blend.

Next came the sausage, which was also delicious. There was a good snap to the casings, though the smoke seemed to have penetrated nicely. There was plenty of black pepper mixed throughout and just a hint of garlic. No store-bought sausage here, that's for sure.

To put it mildly, the ribs were amazing! They had a great crust. The meat was very tender, but properly stayed put until each subsequent bite. There was a nice seasoning and lots of smokey goodness throughout. No sauce was needed here at all, and I didn't dare add any.

At Hutchins, dine-in customers are treated to complimentary desserts, so I tried both the banana pudding and the peach cobbler. Sorry diet, better luck next time. The 'nana pudding seemed to be a 50/50 combination of whipped cream and pudding, with a few bananas and Nilla wafers tossed in for good measure. It was really light and airy. Their peach cobbler is made in a shallow baking sheet, so there was a lot of crust to be had. The peaches were most likely canned, but still tasted good either way.

I was sad to leave Hutchins, but I guess all good things must come to an end sooner or later.

Read my full review, complete with pictures:

Search "The Barbecue Fiend"

Visited October 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Simply perfect”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were lucky enough to eat here last week and OMG it was fantastic, we couldn't find fault! The place was pretty packed but line moved fast and we were served by very friendly helpful staff. The brisket with the burnt ends was out of this world good,I'm still thinking about it.. The ribs were perfection and the pulled pork just melted in your mouth. The sausage ( both the jalapeño and the original) was pretty tasty. They had a large range of sides but my favourite was the broccoli salad which was super refreshing and went perfect with the meats,I loved the potato salad and the ocra was yummo, I'm not a big BBQ sauce fan but my husband used up the whole bowl and myn so it was a big hit with him. The service was fantastic even though it was busy. I can see why it's popular with many locals,if I lived close I would eat it once a week as its very reasonably priced,also desert is free,even though I was fit to burst we sampled the banana pudding,wow is all I can say,it was amazing!! I will be craving this place until we can return... You have to try it to believe it. Our favourite meal in Texas by far!!

• Visited October 2013
McKinney, Texas, United States
“Delicious and reasonably priced!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We love Hutchin's! They have quality BBQ meats but the sides are also excellent. The ribs are so flavorful and nearly melt in your mouth. My favorite sides are the broccoli salad, green beans and potato salad, but it's hard to choose. The desserts are yummy, too. And they have specials running most of the time. We ate there tonight and enjoyed their Rib combo meal that included two sides, a roll or corn bread and dessert, all for $9.99. What a deal!

• Visited October 2013