“Good burgers and sides”

MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes
Ranked #120 of 295 Restaurants in McKinney
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Good food, reasonable prices, pleasant surroundings. My hubs and I went for dinner last week and enjoyed our burgers very much. Not overly huge, bun that matched the size of the meat (which is more important than most realize!), buns toasted. All the important stuff as far as I'm concerned!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was good, but very noisy, & crowded --- small, so crowded even when a few customers are there. If they used a little sound-deadening materials in the walls & ceiling it would help.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The service of this Mooyah is much better than others I've visited before. And the taste is also good for me Asian to have. In comparison with other fast-food restaurants, this one can be one of the best.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Were looking for something fast to eat and saw this place. Thought we'd give it a try and glad that we did. ......quick service, good prices, burgers good, love the fries!! We were told there is another one in Denton so we will be looking that one up next time we're in town and hungry for a burger.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

There is a proliferation of burger joints. Not just regionally, but nationally. Each one tries to do something different. But in the end, the burger is what we come for.

Having said that, I've been to various Mooyahs around North Texas and they all sort of seem the same. I guess that's what you want from a small chain, isn't it? But one thing sort of bothers me.

I find the housemade buns to be overly starchy and even a little too sweet. So much so that, for me anyway, it detracts from the taste of the burger. In my last few visits, I've taken to eating only half of the burger on the bun, then finishing the rest with a fork (leaving the remainder of the bun).

I know none of the other reviews make this observation, but for me, the bun is an integral part of the burger experience. Some places use thin wheat buns, which disintegrate under a juicy burger - not good. But a too thick bun takes away from the taste and the "mouth feel" of a quality burger.

I would like to see Mooyah modify their recipe to reduce the bun size (thickness) by, say, 20%, and to reduce the sweetener they are using (high fructose corn syrup?). Don't mess with the burger.