“Mediocre, Noisy, Crowded”

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre, Noisy, Crowded”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was good, but very noisy, & crowded --- small, so crowded even when a few customers are there. If they used a little sound-deadening materials in the walls & ceiling it would help.

Visited September 2013

Hsinchu, Taiwan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good burgers!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The service of this Mooyah is much better than others I've visited before. And the taste is also good for me Asian to have. In comparison with other fast-food restaurants, this one can be one of the best.

• Visited August 2013
Lewisville, Texas
“delicious”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Were looking for something fast to eat and saw this place. Thought we'd give it a try and glad that we did. ......quick service, good prices, burgers good, love the fries!! We were told there is another one in Denton so we will be looking that one up next time we're in town and hungry for a burger.

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good burgers, but. . . . .”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

There is a proliferation of burger joints. Not just regionally, but nationally. Each one tries to do something different. But in the end, the burger is what we come for.

Having said that, I've been to various Mooyahs around North Texas and they all sort of seem the same. I guess that's what you want from a small chain, isn't it? But one thing sort of bothers me.

I find the housemade buns to be overly starchy and even a little too sweet. So much so that, for me anyway, it detracts from the taste of the burger. In my last few visits, I've taken to eating only half of the burger on the bun, then finishing the rest with a fork (leaving the remainder of the bun).

I know none of the other reviews make this observation, but for me, the bun is an integral part of the burger experience. Some places use thin wheat buns, which disintegrate under a juicy burger - not good. But a too thick bun takes away from the taste and the "mouth feel" of a quality burger.

I would like to see Mooyah modify their recipe to reduce the bun size (thickness) by, say, 20%, and to reduce the sweetener they are using (high fructose corn syrup?). Don't mess with the burger.

• Visited February 2013
McKinney, TX
“Try the veggie berger”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had the veggie bergers. Something different and a great change of pace. try it. The sweet potato fries seem to be very popular. They look great and everyone around us were eating them. We did not try them.

• Visited April 2013