“Awesome!”

Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Rohr Balloons provides hot air balloon rides, proposal packages, and business marketing packages.Sunrise and sunset rides occur 7 days per week, weather permitting, and include champagne, hors' doeurves, and photos of the adventure. Go right to the source with Rohr Balloons, a reputable family owned business!
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our trip with Brian and the rest of the guys from Rohr Balloons was perfect. The team is super professional while also being lots of fun. If you're looking to book a hot air balloon ride, chose Rohr. You won't be disappointed!

6  Thank DFWtraveler2014

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have to say that our experience with Brian Rohr and his crew was nothing less than outstanding. Fundamentally its a unique and thrilling experience just to ride on a Balloon. Although I honestly lack a basis of comparison I would venture a strong guess that Brian takes it to another level. I'm left with the distinct impression that this is more than just a business to him - I think he sees it as a way to share the flight experience of his hobby/profession with others.
I should further add that Brian and his crew add as many nice touches and accommodations as could be reasonably expected and more. They handled all my young son's questions with patience and alacrity. They even had gluten free goodies after the flight so he wouldn't feel left out when they held the post flight champagne gathering.
Brian and his team seem to do their utmost to accommodate whatever you might ask within reason. I think they are acutely aware that for most of us this is a special occasion sort of thing to do so they have a variety of photo-ops baked into their plan starting from opportunity to 'help' with the balloon inflation all the way through to the pack up (I have a cute pic of my kid standing on the balloon to help pack it in for transport). Of course they aren't actually full out professional photographers but they have a lot of experience - just be sure to talk about anything specific you're looking for.
His crew takes lots of pics on the ground before and after setup, he takes pics in the air as well as uses a head-cam for video clips, and the chase team takes a few pics as they pursue the ballon.
Now I should mention that while the crew and the experience is great you do need to realize that this is still a situation where you are flying at substantial altitude so there are safety considerations that have to come first. More importantly I gather not every flight is the same as weather plays a really big part in these flights. Balloons essentially drift with the wind. I gather Brian has a pretty substantial index of possible launch sites in the McKinney area to help ensure a scenic flight but in the end the distance and direction is going to be governed by the wind. Brian will cover all of it in great detail - he's big on keeping you informed except for a couple of white lies so some of the experience include a nice surprise or two.
Lastly - a couple of practical matters - be sure to avail yourself of plumbing facilities before you board his bus. I would also recommend anyone without a full head of hair wear a hat. Both of these are on his website - worth taking some time to read.
So in the end what I can say other than - go if you can. Yes, its expensive - fairly so when you look at how much goes into it - so its not an every day or even every year thing for most of us but it is an experience I would strongly recommend. (and if you look at my reviews you'll see I don't give 5's very easily!)

7  Thank Paul M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife booked this flight for us as a surprise gift for me. I was absolutely astounded at the professionalism, and courtesy extended by Brian, and his crew. It is truly an experience everyone needs to have. The crew encourages "participation" in the rigging and inflation of the balloon, and after a safety brief, everyone loads up and goes on the quietest, peaceful, ride of a lifetime. I think the only ones that don't care for Balloons are the Dogs below, and one very LARGE bull that we flew over. The landing was a good one, and we were told of the story of why Champagne is carried on balloon flights, and were given a handmade balloon souvenir from a champagne cork. We were also treated to pastries, muffins, and mimosas as well as a nice air-conditioned trip back to our own cars. I would absolutely recommend this for couples, singles, or anyone. I look forward to my next trip, and this time seeing it with the Love of my life Brenda, and a new friend, and pilot Brian!!

5  Thank roguescot
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I wanted to surprise my husband with a new experience and something out of the ordinary.

I did not tell him what I was up to until the day before the flight. I only told him then because I needed him to get up early so we could go have fun.

We met Brian and his team in a local parking lot and boarded the Rohr Balloons bus to get to the launch field.
When we arrived there, we were able to get some photos as they set up and the crew even took our photos. They encourage you to get involved and my husband took advantage of that. He was so surprised and he loved it. He got to help hold open the opening of the balloon while it was inflated. He was like a kid on Christmas morning.
He has jumped out of planes for the military and always had to pay attention to what he was doing and he was not able to enjoy it.
When you are up in the balloon, it is like you are a bird gliding through the sky. It is amazingly quiet (except when the burners are fired up). You can hear dogs barking, people talking in their yards as you float overhead. We had the best view of the sunrise of anybody that morning.
We were given a safety briefing before the flight and Brian and his crew members were so polite, and it was obvious that the passengers safety is their utmost concern.
We had a lovely flight from McKinney up the north. After we landed, we were told a story of the history of ballooning. We were also treated to pastries, orange juice and champagne or sparkling wine while the crew packed up the balloon.
We were then driven back to our cars in air conditioned comfort.
It was a great adventure and Brian and his crew were magnificent.
Thank you for a wonderful day of making memories with my husband.

7  Thank nomadladymedic
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked a hot air balloon ride for my parents this morning. We were greeted by a friendly, professional staff. Brian and his team were very concerned about everyone's safety but also made the morning flight fun. We would recommend this company to anyone looking to explore the McKinney skies.

4  Thank Fstark
Brian R, Owner at Rohr Balloons Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for the review! You and your parents were a pleasure to meet. I hope you were able to download all of the photos and videos we took from our site. I'm sure you were also able to get some nice shots while following along. Thank you again for your business! Please come chase us down and join us for mimosas if you ever see us floating by.

Soft Landings,