“One of my favorites! Way more than your typical pasta Italian food.”
Review of Ruggeri's - CLOSED

Ruggeri's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This has become one of my favorite restaurants in McKinney. The food is consistently great and the service is attentive but not overbearing. Management is always on hand and genuinely interested in providing an outstanding dining experience. Try the red & blue salad, the stuffed shrimp appetizer and whatever the fish special is and you will be delighted.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to eat with four other couples. I had the Oscar veal, it was good. My husband had the fish special, which was dry and did not come with the spinach that the waiter told us about, it had one large broccoli branch. Sue and her husband had the shrimp and scallop linguini, which they said lacked any flavor, as if the garlic was waved over the top but not put in. We all had 2 drinks and no desert. The bill, split five ways, with tip, was 114.00 per couple. Macaroni grill has better food for decent prices, so does the olive garden.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We were staying at the Comfort Suites in McKinney and the front desk suggested we go downtown to the square for dinner. We wandered around a bit and chose Ruggeri's. It's a linen service upscale Italian restaurant and in a word, it's awesome. The co-owner is on the premises and greeted and seated us, checked on us during our meal, and said goodbye when we left. The service was the perfect blend of attentiveness without being hovering. I had manicotti and fried zucchini and my friend had a vegetable dish and both were excellent. My margarita was perfect, and we topped of our meal with honest-to-goodness spumoni, not the crap that some restaurants serve, but the real thing. We travel a lot and love Italian food, and we both agreed that this was one of the best meals we've had. We will probably stop in McKinney again on our return trip back home, and we will definitely be dining at Ruggeri's again.