“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Alvin, United States
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The bed was comfortable, the facility clean and the staff was very nice. Good value. Convenient and quiet. When my husband called the front desk to ask for assistance he was greeted promptly and given the information he requested. We would definitely stay here again when in the McKinney area. We woke up too late for breakfast, but there is a Whataburger and Golden Corral within walking distance. We made our reservation over the phone while traveling and the customer service rep was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Decatur, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms clean and the staff was friendly and helpful fast check in and the parking is ok. Good location for walking around and getting whatever you may need on foot. Close to 2 really nice disc golf course and parks. The Internet is a little glitchy but works well most the time. It would be nice if they did a happy hour like there sister hotel in Denison. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Odessa, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms are nice and the price is right. The staff made up for the road construction mess and more. The breakfast food left a little to be desired but there is a Whataburger right in front of the hotel or a McDonald's is just down the service road a short distance.

Room Tip: The top floor is the quietest rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Midland, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First, the hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were properly cleaned by the staff. That being said; the rooms were run down, beds were uncomfortable, showers were a patchwork of pieces when things broke. The hottub was broken and haphazardly roped off with yellow table looking like a crime scene and the pool door was broken and you had to reach through the game to get into the pool. I guess I just expect more when I pay over $100 for a room. There are much better choices in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff B
Dallas
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst hotel experience that I've had in many years.

We stayed here for our daughter's wedding in McKinney. My wife & I arrived on Wednesday for 4 nights. When we checked in, we found that only 2 or 3 TV channels came in clearly. When I complained to the front desk, I was told for 2 days that maintenance was working on it. On our 3rd night there, I was finally told that this was the cable company problem and that the hotel was trying to change providers, so nothing could be done! If I had known that earlier, I would have gone elsewhere!

The food at the breakfast buffet was HORRIBLE, and they served the same food everyday! (Not the same kind of food-the same food)! It just kept getting harder every day!

The vending machines didn't work.

There were stains on the carpet.

The hot tub didn't work.

There were about 40-50 kids staying there (soccer teams) who were racing & playing in the halls late into the night. Calls to the front desk did not help. I talked to one guest who was about to call the police over the noise! When we tried to use the pool one afternoon, there were so many kids in the pool that you couldn't see the water!

After complaining to the general manager, I was offered a discount. But, at checkout, I found that the "adjustment" was a PREMIUM that had been ADDED to my bill! The clerk tried to fix it, but was being told by the manager to simply offer the discount off of the INCREASED total!

The management lied to us repeatedly, then tried to cheat us! I will be posting this review on Trip Advisor, also

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dallastrotter
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I arrived late the young lady was so charming and helpful,really nice room bed a little hard AC good and cold,One thing and they can't help it the water smells !!!! I surely didn't drink it but when taking my shower it was obvious! Suggestion might be to offer bottled water in room to rince mouth with or drink. Very quiet sorry I couldn't have stayed longer! Was just able to grab yogurt because I had to leave very early but it was nice they had a little bit out.

Room Tip: Bring your own water otherwise very quiet and charming!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IslaholicIslamujeres
Waco, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this hotel because of the location. The suite was more expensive but the King room was not available for our date. The room had two queen beds, sitting area, fridge and microwave. The beds were crammed into one half of the room - so close to each other and the wall that we had trouble getting into bed. The air conditioner was inches away from one bed. It was obvious this was a regular room that was made into a more expensive "suite" by cramming another queen bed into it.
The bathroom had good counter space and was very clean. However, when we got ready to shower, we discovered we had no bath soap and no facial tissues.
We could hear people in the room above us walking - very thin ceilings and walls.
The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was clean.
The Wi-Fi signal was weak in the room. It was fine in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: First floor "suite" was not a good value. Don't know about other rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple