“Good food”

Ranked #81 of 291 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good food”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Good food, very casual atmosphere. Good for taking children and visiting with family. We had a family get together with several children and enjoyed our visit. We were able to visit and staff was helpful. The food was plentiful and good at a reasonable cost.

• Visited March 2013

Wichita Falls
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food was great. We got there about 5pm and it seemed like they weren't really expecting any customers that 'early', since no staff was waiting to serve anyone. No desserts available for selection, but I assume if we had asked they might have been? There is so much real food though that you hardly need dessert. All of the food was fresh and hot. The hot rolls delivered to the table are a nice touch.I wish drink refills were easier to get without butting in front of someone in line!

Visited February 2013
Dallas, Texas
1,726 restaurant reviews
“One of several Spring Creeks In This Area”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have been eating at Spring Creek Bar B Q for a great many years and this is a place we like to take out of towner s who request Texas bar b q. This is not hickory smoked bar b q however it is passable for bar b q. There is a wide variety of meats including beef, pork ribs, chicken and sausage. You can order plates or sandwiches. I prefer the plate so I can get all the vegetables I desire. There is corn on the cob,potato salad, pork & beans, cold slaw, green beans and you can go back for seconds. One of the best parts of the meal is the hot bread which they will bring around to your table quite often. The bread they give you at the counter at the time you order your meats should in my opinion be discontinued as the one you get is usually hard and soggy with sauce. By the way ,take your sauce on the side so you can add the amount you desire. Some times those behind the counter will add a ton of sauce and it goes all over your plate thus getting into your food. Prices are not too bad however the company continues to raise prices and what was a very well priced meal can now cost you way more than $10 when you get a drink. They offer cobbler and ice cream for an extra charge. I recall when they first opened at another location they would give you free ice cream on Sundays---not any more though.If you don’t eat all of the meal be sure ands ask for a to go box.

• Visited May 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Pretty good barbecue and sides”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My daughter and I met here for rib plates. The ribs were good as were the side dishes, especially the corn. Homemade green beans were very good. Beans and cole slaw were good also. The young lady came around several times with hot rolls. We chose sweet ice tea which was really really sweet. I thought it was pricey even with the coupon I had. I would probably not go back here since I tend to eat too many vegetables here. But if you like good barbecue, this is a good place for you.

• Visited April 2012
mckinney tx
“TERRIBLE”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We got hungry for barbeque last night and decided to try out Spring Creek in McKinney and was that a trip.

The personal were young, helpful and friendly.

The barbeque was dry with me having to drown it in sauce to be able to eat it.

You get all the regular veggies you can eat so I tried a tablespoon of each. every single vegetable was cold as was our roll.

I must say as we were leaving I could see where they were baking hot ones but too late for us.

My sweet non complaining husband said after we got in the car “not much was it”.

Texas is known for its delicious barbeque but this place is not one of them

We will pass the next time around.

• Visited April 2012