“watch out for this hotel!”
Review of Motel 6 McKinney

Motel 6 McKinney
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Garland, Texas, United States
“watch out for this hotel!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Yeah, okay ill give em a point for the cost of staying at their motel but that's all I can say...everything else and I do mean everything else,mangement OMG!!! a freaking nightmare this guy and his wife will actually tell you that if you do not respect them before you even say anything that they will take you to their front lawn in front of god and everybody and stomp youre brains in... those are EXACT words from the wifes mouth!!!then her husband backed it up with YEAH SHE DOES THE TALKING I DO THE WALKING!!! I mean wow, shocked the crap outta me...and besides that the lady that checked us in I guess she didn't know we was standing in the lobby when she was making a call to her drug dealer! she told him to come up there she had his FREE room ready and that she wanted 100.00 dollars worth of ICECREAM? I can pretty much guess what that meant...so later that night maybe about two hours later me and my girl was leaving out to get something to eat and I swear by the time I made it to the elevators,which by the way was broke I got a contact high from the weed smoke that was being smoked it was some crazy mad smelling stuff it was so freaking strong!!! so anyway when we got down stairs I kinda hinted at the check in clerk that the smell on 3rd floor was enough to put you in a coma for a year and she just laughed and said that the day manager lived on the 3rd floor and that all she does is smoke that stuff all day and night and that it was okay??? wow, and to top it all off isn't motel 6 spose to leave the light on for me? well no lights...hell there wasn't even a light bulb anywhere in my room when I first entered it. LMFAO!!! and it really sucks that they have no continental breakfast too.

Room Tip: as long as you stay away from independently owned motel 6 you will be okay...the motel 6 in plano ri...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank smith81_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Monticello, Mississippi
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff was friendly, it was clean & a great value.Its right close to interstate.The bathrooms and rooms are updated and clean.Also hard to find pet friendly hotel in area.compare to other hotels in area we found best place to stay for the price we paid.it's great and we recommend others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was very mediocre but the rates were super cheap. My friends and I stayed here with our dogs while we were in town for an agility trial. The rooms were a bit small and outdated but were clean. The staff were friendly and there is grass around the hotel where you can walk your dogs. I felt like it was in a relatively safe area and it was close to everything in McKinney including the nice downtown area and the dog park. I would recommend it if you are on a budget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Splendora, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The lady at the counter was one of the rudest individuals on planet earth. The reservations could not had been any more mishandle it a monkey had handled them. The next clerk we spoke to could not speak English. If she was speaking English I could not understand her. There is a sign in the lobby which reads no pets allowed. However the same rude lady who was working the counter we checked in was walking her dog in and out of the lobby. I guess the sign does not apply to her. Saturday night the local authorities were called and made several arrest. It seams that almost every one on the second floor felt the need to smoke marijuana. We were there June 21-23 2013 I checked in approx 2:30 PM

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mack M

Travelers are raving about these McKinney hotels

Eagle River, Wi
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We checked in about 7pm on a busy Saturday nite. They were soon to sell out. In order to get a room on the first floor, I had to take a handicapped room but it was clean and presentable.
The room had a nice flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. It didn't have a microwave. The only problem we had was that the sheets were really worn, but the mattress was comfortable and
everything was clean. For the $51 price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ada, OK
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Due to an incident in the lobby upon arrival, I didn't get the feeling this hotel was in the safest location. Also many of the people we encountered while staying there were a bit questionable in appearance/mannerisms. When we got to our room (which the clerk walked us up to... don't get that much), we found that our one bar of soap was opened and left dirty on the sink and a washcloth had been used and left on the counter. Not sure how or why this was but left us unsure about the cleanliness of the rest of the room. Although as far as appearance, everything else did appear clean and in working order (basic for sure, but that was expected). The next day, housekeeping left us no washcloths so we made due with hand towels. The tub was large but yet somehow uncomfortable due to its triangular shape. The beds were not horrible but not the best either, although I slept fine so no real complaints there. The hall smelt badly of cigarettes. While I can't ignore those faults, considering what I paid for the room, I can overlook a lot. It was a very good value and served my basic needs for two evenings. I'm just unsure if I would stay here again, will def see what else is out there next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you are looking for a cheap but clean place that allows dogs I would recommend this hotel. There is a Waffle House next to it and a few bars.

I'm not a big fan of the new Motel 6 modern style hotels because I prefer carpet over hard floors.

I would stay here again while traveling.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family