“Amazing! Delicious! Only authentic south Italian pizza in North Texas”

Cavalli Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #18 of 289 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing! Delicious! Only authentic south Italian pizza in North Texas”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What is not to love about this incredible restaurant? I ate here after my first generation Italian friend told me how excellent this pizza is and how much it tastes like pizza made in his homeland. I absolutely agree after having tried it-my family was going 3 times a week for a month after we found this gem!

They're one of only 2 Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN) verified pizzerias in all of Texas. VPN certification means that their oven is imported from Italy, all ingredients must be exact to the requirements of the certifier, along with all equipment. Its the only pizza I've ever tasted that has been so close to the pizza I ate in Naples and Sorrento, Italy. Because of the strict requirements, the pizza is a little more expensive but its worth every penny because you're getting top notch ingredients-you can taste the difference.

The menu includes authentic recipes (Italians eat their pizza with very few ingredients-very different from what Americans are used to) but they also include some recipes with more traditional toppings. The tapas are delicious & varied, the menu includes chef's specialties every weekend-do not miss these!

The restaurant is located in Adriatica part of Stonebridge, so the cobblestone street, the stone building & beautiful covered patio make you feel like you're dining somewhere on an Italian mountainside. The mural on the wall is a nice touch-a Naples seaside cityscape. Also, the staff is amazing here. I cannot believe they remembered me after my first visit there, top notch service from the best in the area.

This restaurant comes highly recommended by me & my family who are addicted to its goodness.

Extra tip for those who live closeby: you can order large sized pizzas for pick up that are not available for eat in! Extra deliciousness!
Another tip: make sure you check hours-they have lunch & dinner hours & close for a few hours each day. At the time of this review, hours are as follows:

Monday-Thursday: 11:30 am-3pm & 5-9pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30 am-3pm & 5-10pm
Sunday: 5-9pm

• Visited November 2012

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best handmade authentic pizza in DFW - enjoy it on their patio.”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I simply could not imagine a better place to enjoy pizza. Starting with the fact that it is located in Adriatica, a cobblestone street type village modeled after one on the Adriatic coast of Croatia. Instant atmosphere. When you approach you could easily think you are visiting an Italian village.

Add to that the fact that they import their flour from Italy and you can imagine that the pizza crust has a true authentic taste when it comes out of their wood-fired brick oven.

Finish it off with the option to dine inside or outside under the covered patio and you should be sold. I am. I've been there five times since we moved into our new home in McKinney earlier this year.

• Visited September 2012
McKinney, Texas
“Cozy spot with fantastic food.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We have been here twic. Both times at 11:30 am on Saturday. The service was great and the servers were all very pleasant and inviting. We sat in the bar area both times,watched the tv, talked and relaxed. The pizza here is very good. It has a distinct flavor. You will either love it or just like it but really no one will be disappointed with this pizza. They are small pizzas and not alot of toppings are added. You will want to order two pizzas if you're with someone and you're hungry. Glad they are here In McKinney. We will
Be back soon. Sangria was good too :)

McKinney, Texas, USA
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have visted Cavalli's several times. Everything we have had has been wonderful. We have eaten both inside and out. I love to eat on the patio when the weather accomodates. It can be a little noisy inside so being outside is very peaceful. The pizza is fabulous. We have also had a couple of their appetizers as well and they have never disappointed. I would definately recommend Cavalli's.

• Visited August 2012
McKinney, Texas, United States
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The atmosphere is authentic Italian, the pizzas are authentic Italian and the white sangria is absolutely wonderful. The salads are fresh and a very generous portion. Great little neighborhood eatery!

Visited July 2012