“Between average and very good”
Review of Taste Of India

Taste Of India
Ranked #81 of 293 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Nice ambiance. Cloth napkins and table cloths. Attentive staff. We're new to Indian food, but this was good. We did the lunch buffet, which is apparently the same price as the dinner buffet. There were three meat options on the buffet, three veggie options, two or three salads, a couple of desserts, rice, lentil soup, nan, and maybe another item or two. Our older teen glimpsed the kitchen while walking to the buffet (someone opened the door and came out) and was pretty alarmed. I thought he was not eating because he was irritated about us choosing Indian food, but he told us later that by the looks of the kitchen, he was afraid it was unsafe. Our preteen usually eats anything, but hated it. I'd go there again--without the kids.

There are newer reviews for Taste Of India

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very good Tandoori chicken, chicken curry, and Chicken Tikka Masala. Friendly service by the Bangladeshi owner, Abdul. Nice ambience. My only druthers is that I wish they served either Taj Mahal and/or Kingfisher beer.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I are vegetarians and eat frequently at international cuisine restaurants. We eat Indian food several times a month and this restaurant in Mckinney, Tx is by far one of the best in the Metroplex. Certainly the best North of the big city. We've watched this owner grow his business over the past few years by offering a large variety of tasty dishes for both carnivores and herbivores. We were glad when they opened a few years ago because it saves us almost an hour drive to get good Indian food down in Plano and further south. We Highly recommend this place for its cultural setting, friendly staff and most of all the great food. You really need to try it..!

1  Thank Gene C
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I went there for lunch. I have a tendency to go to buffets when trying something new.
We had been thinking of going there for some time, and decided today was the day.
Everything I tried was delicious. We are looking forward to many visits. The only thing that was a minus for me was the music video's were a little too loud at times.

1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you enjoy true food from India - this is the place to visit. The lunch buffet is the best deal & has a good selection at a decent price. Evenings it is is more expensive, but still the same good cooking!