“Marvelous and quaint.”

Description: http://noodlewave.com/contact.php
Bonham, Texas, United States
“Marvelous and quaint.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went with my sis Joyce to celebrate my birthday to try something different and explore. This place Thai Noodle Wave is upbeat decor of simplicity. It seems they only had one waitress and does the order and the waiter that brings the entrees to the guest. We had spring rolls, shrimp and blanket. Thai ice coffee that is very addictive if you are an extreme coffee lovers. I had crap pat thai while Joyce picked the house special. We both loved our dishes. Thanks Noodle Wave.

• Visited November 2012

McKinney, Texas
“Really Good Thai in Mckinney”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

There are plenty of selections for which to choose from super spicy to mild. I went with a group of friends, some of whom had never had Thai before. Everyone was satisfied and we all tried each other's selections. They have the traditional pho soups and are agreeable to making it as mild as you'd like. The restaurant is small and cozy and they don't rush you through the meal or out the door as soon as you're done. The prices are reasonable and you can be reallly full for$12. Service is friendly, even if the English is a little broken at times.

Visited September 2012
Mussoorie, India
“Very nice....”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Last week I tried to stop by Noodle Wave for lunch. Just inside the door there was a few people waiting and I stood there and no one was moving, the staff wasn't indicating anything to those of us waiting and after a few minutes I left. But I had been meaning to eat there for some time even though I really thought the name was just damn silly, but if its Thai I want to try it.

My chance came again yesterday. But it was not meant to be. A large storm had just passed and the lights for blocks around were out and the staff lounged outside waiting for power to return.

Today finally I was able to eat there with my daughter.

Unlike so many Thai places I have been into, many even with awesome food, they truly paid attention to the decor. The overall feel is modern asian or fusion asian for lack of a better term. There were lengths of bamboo that helped separate the seating area that were painted gold. A bank of windows along one wall helped to bring in space and light. Twisted interesting looking wood partitioned off another small area that I couldn't decide if they were manmade or made by nature. The muted browns and reds gave it a very earthy feel.

A few tables were taken but less than half full but not by much. We were quickly seated and it didn't take long for us both to decide. Sadly we both chose the choose the same lunch special. (there was only one lunch special option. This seemed to be standard issue as they didn't have a list of lunch options but a full color printed sheet for the one option and that was not a throw away sheet)

So at $10.95 we got Soup of the Day which was Tom Kha, An exotic spicy soup with coconut milk, mushroom, chicken, galangal roots and roasted chili, a Crispy Chicken Spring Roll, two entrees Green Curry Chicken, A blend of fresh green chili, with carrots, green beans, bell peppers, eggplants, bamboo, and Pad Thai, egg, tofu, scallions, peanuts a sweet and tangy sauce topped with bean sprouts, and a choice of ice cream.

The soup was creamy with with a nice sprinkling of ingredients that gave it a nice flavor and texture. A touch spicy but without an edge.

I asked for a number 4 for spice and my daughter a number 1. Silly girl as she likes spicy things more than she knows.

The green curry, the spring roll, and pad thai was delivered on one plate after the soup. At first I thought there was a mistake and we were getting a second soup, but it was the green curry in a small bowl.

The crispy chicken spring roll lived up to its name. The dipping sauce was a bit sweet, too sweet for my daughter and almost too much for me, but it was better with it then without.

The green curry was spicy the way I like it and was creamy with delicate flavors that the rice went with nicely.

The Pad Thai was a nice mix of colors and looks topped by a nest of angel hair carrot strands and bean sprouts. The textures and the flavors mixed nicely. While asking for a number 4 worked well with the curry the spice blunted some of the delicateness of the Pad Thai, but I fault myself a bit for that as Pad Thai isn't meant to be so much about spice. And far too often restaurants just add a dose of spice that kills any flavor, but they did not. I could see the actually peppers they added, not just a squirt of sauce which was nice.

My daughter ended her meal with mango ice cream and I had the cinnamon, more out of her wanting to try it as I would have gone with the mango as well.

Both were velvety smooth and the cinnamon was cool smooth cinnamon. The mango was not too sweet and didn't taste like fake flavors which is what I was expecting.

The service was prompt and pleasant and the entire trip was a winning one. The one thing that I will say is that I did expect a little more food for the price. I don't expect to have a pile of food, but it was a little shy to say it was a great value, but I didn't feel like I was left wanting....ok, maybe just a little, but I will be back to try something besides the lunch option.

• Visited June 2012
McKinney, Texas
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We visit this restaurant 2-3 times a month and just love it. They offer a daily special that gives you a chance to sample several items at a very reasonable price - but you'd better be hungry - it's a lot of food! If I feel a cold coming on I go for the Vietnamese soup - a huge bowl of Pho that just hits all the right spots. Service is fast and friendly. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Best Thai In McKinney”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is a hidden gem in McKinney! Thai Noodle Wave also has a location in Richardson. Since a friend introduced me I have been back many times with my family and even attended a wedding rehearsal dinner here. The food is decidedly Thai with a twist and the presentation is excellent. The decor is modern Asian and has a "cool" vibe, nothing that looks tired and old. It is the kind of place casual enough to take your family by day and your wife for a date at night, very intimate and personal.

If you go you have to order the Spinach Tempura Appetizer, amazing! The drink of choice is a lemon grass green tea, you can't stop drinking this sweet refreshing treat. When looking for something different make this a choice destination, glad I took a chance on Thai Noodle Wave.

• Visited November 2011