“tres bon”
Review of Gregory's Bistro - CLOSED

Gregory's Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WE are a French inspired Bistro serving a fine menu variety of fresh seafood, steaks and other wonderful dishes. We are located in Adriatica Village. Gregory was born, raised and went to culinary school in France so you will feel as if you have been transported into the heart of Paris with fresh French food, delicious wines (and warm southern hospitality thrown in) to accompany your meal!!!
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife & I chose Gregory's Bistro as the site of our wedding anniversary dinner. Gregory's made it a wonderful celebration. The mussels and grilled caesar salad were fantastic. My wife loved the Chilean sea bass atop a lobster risotto. My ahi tuna was perfectly prepared. Of course, we had to have the bread pudding based on other's recommendations. Normally, we would have selected the cheese plate for a last course instead of a dessert. We saw the cheese plate at a nearby table. It was tempting to order it, but we were too full from the generous portions of our earlier appetizer, salad, and entree. The service was very casual and friendly. We really enjoyed Gregory's and will return as soon as possible. Merci beaucoup, Lydia & Gregory.

4  Thank Daniel G

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went to Mckinney for the forth time last month for my wifes birthday. Naturally, stayed at the Grand Hotel, dined at Rick's Chop House and intended to dine the other evening at Ruggeri's our favorite Italian restaurant. Well, Ruggeri's had moved to Plano, so Jose at the Grand said, try the new French Bistro, Gregory's. It is BYOL, but there is only a $5.00 corkage per table. They provide set ups. I decided to take a couple of good French wines from my cellar. This place is small, but not crowded. I love owner chef operations! Gregory is french born, learned his cooking from his grandmother til he was 15, went to culinary school in France, came to the states with his Texas born wife and is the kind of chef that truly presents a wonderful dining experience! His wife Lydia is hostess and service was warm and attentive. They decanted my wines, and provided timely service though out the evening. The food was to die for, sea scallops in a roasted jalapeno sauce, duck leg confit in sauce reduced for 36 hours, a Chilean sea bass with a chunky lobster risotto, rack of lamb in a pino noir sauce, then the wonderful bread pudding---duh, We loved it!, Ruggeri's who? McKinney is magic, now we have the best of Texas and France within a block of the Grand. Ya gotta try it., Rex Graves, Tulsa

3  Thank rexgraves
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This tiny little Bistro-style restaurant serves a world-class menu. Their Ahi Tuna dish stood out as something really special. It tasted fresh and light and rich and decadadent all at once. The Bread pudding was also very good - and I get bread pudding about anytime I see it on a menu. It has a sort of carmelized crust around it that gave it a hint of a Creme Brulee taste. The service was friendly, attentive, timely, everything you would want. It's also BYOB. Even with a $5 corking fee, we enjoyed a much nicer bottle of wine than we normally would when we eat out because it came off of our own wine rack.

3  Thank Kelly E
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Gregory's is a place where you can go to get excellent food without all the fuss of dressing up. Wear blue jeans and a collered shirt and you will fit in just fine. The Pan Seared Chilean Seabass was cooked perfectly. The Lobster Risotto, Tarragon Butter Sauce and Asparagus was also excellent! For dessert, I could not pass up the Bread Pudding. It was as good "as advertisded".

4  Thank DDAndrews
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just a delightful little place with lovely dishes and a very accomodating staff. We actually showed up a day early for our reservation and they were able to squeeze us in after 10 minutes. This was no easy fete as the restaurant was very busy. Our dishes were well prepared and
interesting. The menu could satisfy a foodie. So nice to NOT have to go all the way into Dallas for a decent meal!
Don't forget to bring your own wine. This place is a BYOB!

2  Thank Theresa D