“A Small Hidden Treasure”
Review of Gregory's Bistro - CLOSED

Gregory's Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WE are a French inspired Bistro serving a fine menu variety of fresh seafood, steaks and other wonderful dishes. We are located in Adriatica Village. Gregory was born, raised and went to culinary school in France so you will feel as if you have been transported into the heart of Paris with fresh French food, delicious wines (and warm southern hospitality thrown in) to accompany your meal!!!
Pottsboro, Texas
“A Small Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This little Bistro is tucked away in the McKinney Square. It's a very cozy place and seats maybe 30 people or so tops, therefore I recommend a reservation because you never know when they might be busy.
Gregory's is BYOB. Which is fantastic with a great wine shop (McKinney Wine Merchant) right across the street (ask for Andy the owner).
Now to the food. Amazing. The Chef, Gregory, prepares every dish. This is key to my thinking, he really cares about his food, he is passionate about what goes on your plate. The quality is top notch along with always fresh ingredients.
Pricing is quite reasonable (relative to the quality of the food) and the service is also fantastic. I recommend the Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass with a tarragon butter sauce and lobster risotto. The fish will quite literally melt in your mouth. The chef also offers to tailor a dinner for two at a flat charge and will design his courses with your wine in mind.
I really can't say enough about how good this place is. I have been there four times in the last month for both lunch and dinner and I have yet to find a single flaw.

• Visited October 2012

McKinney, Texas
“Outstanding Food and Service!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

5 star service from Joe. He decanted our bottle of Chateau Patris with great attention to the cork. My wife had escargot and I had sea scallops to scary. Both were the best we had tasted. For entrees, she has the seabass and I had the filet. My wife raved about the lobster risotto with the fish an I really enjoyed the blue cheese with my filet. The cheese was strong, but I like that and my beef was perfectly cooked as ordered. We ended with the very smooth bread pudding with a Blanc de Noir. This is now one of our favorite local restaurants! Highly recommend!

The Colony, Texas
“simple and lovely”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Really nice lunch. Service was above par, very attentive. Had the trout with a really nice hatch chili sauce. The salad on top complemented it well. Mussels were good. I treasure places like this in texas. I like the light fare that has great flavor and freshness. This will become one of my normal spots! Great shopping in the square too. One of the cutest towns in texas!

• Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Best Place Ever”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I just have to say that Gregory's Bistro is the best, from the warm greeting to the amazing food. I love everything about it. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there. It was wonderful we had a nice table in the corner. Joe was excellent. All of my need's and expectation's were met before I even realized they need to be. Loved the food, I had Chilean Sea Bass. with the lobster Risotto and my husband had a hatch chilli risotto that was amazing as well.

If you are looking for a quite little corner to take someone and have a lovely evening then I recommend you take them there. You wont regret it.

• Visited August 2012
Champaign
“I'll Hurry Back!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I ate at the Bistro last night and I loved it. My husband's soup was delicious (roasted pepper) but his meal was good but not great (he had the mussels & pasta in a saffron broth). But, since it's my review it get's an excellent. I had two appetizers: the escargot & scallops and I loved them both. Our meal was $47 which was well worth the price.

The atmosphere is intimate with maybe 10 - 12 tables, the food was prepared quickly and served piping hot, the wait staff attentive and excellent and the hostess (part owner) was personal and friendly. It is BYOB but there's a wine store across the street if you get there early enough.

If you want to go really upscale, I asked about the dinner for two ($120/couple) and will go back for a VERY special ocassion because the chef basically surprises you with several courses. If you have real likes, dislikes or allergies, you can tell him ahead of time and he will create a meal with just the two of you in mind. Sounds like a real culinary adventure. Go for lunch or supper Tuesday through Saturday and enjoy some really wonderful food.

• Visited August 2012