“NIGHTMARE!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites McKinney
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
“NIGHTMARE!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We are here for a soccer tournament and this hotel is one of the hosting hotels. There has been nothing but issues here for a number of families including wet and soggy carpets from leaking air conditioners, hair in bathrooms, ants in beds found in numerous rooms, confirmed rooms that were given away, confirmed rooms that were suppose to be doubles only to get a king room with an uncomfortable roll away of which they have no pillows or blankets for, old nasty fruit set out for breakfast, and a hotel manager who has left it to his on-duty people to resolve problems of which they do not have the capacity to do so. This place is a disgrace and I recommend that no one consider staying at this La Quinta Inn. As a visiting sports team we will also recommend that his hotel not be considered as a host hotel for any future sporting events.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jeff D
LaQuintaTeam, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites McKinney, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I apologize for any inconvenience you had, upon your stay with us, at the La Quinta Inn and Suites. All issues that were presented to the front desk were taken care of in a timely professional manner. Moving forward the original agreed compensation was provided for the full hotel stay, due to the issues provided to the front desk.

Again we do apologize for any issues that you had in your stay.

Jacob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a great hotel. Localed really close to outlets and great food close by. Breakfast is outstanding. Softball field and soccer filed close. On the road to DFW airport. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Nice and clean and the employees were awesome. Steve R. was great and made sure my stay was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Derek H, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites McKinney, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
George H,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself!

I will make sure to inform Steve of the outstanding service he provided. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional guest service, and look forward to serving you on your next trip!

Thanks!
Canyon Lake, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2013

At first I thought this place was going to be ideal for my needs. Great location, quite room, friendly staff and a good breakfast. The problem showed up when I got home the evening after check out and found my arms and legs full of bed bug bites. This is my second exposure to these pests this summer,(the first being at The Crowne Plaza, Austin, Texas) so I know what I'm talking about. I usually try to refrain from bad reviews but feel others should know so they will not have the same experience. The resulting sores are not pleasant and I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks as they slowly heal. Plus they don't look very good especially while wearing shorts during this hot summer. So beware. I responded to the hotels evaluation survey but have not heard anything back from them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Saw it from the tollway as we searched for a restaurant. Had been on the road for days and needed a clean safe place to stay-- not at all disappointed! Close to outlets and restaurants without being in the middle of the mess!

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel was very nice and clean. The employees were very polite and friendly. They are also pet friendly, which is always a plus for us. The only complaint we had was certain employees not being familiar with there surroundings. Other than that our stay was AWESOME!!! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked a block of rooms for my wedding in June. The manager, Steve, whom I reserved with was very nice, but very persistent. I was called at work several times just to be told to tell my people to book quickly. There is only so much I can do as a bride! But overall the hotel was very clean and in a great location, close to Plano, McKinney, Allen and Frisco! The front desk staff was anything BUT friendly and fast, but I guess you give and take with quality of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013