“Excellent food and beautiful setting”
Review of Rick's Chophouse

Rick's Chophouse
Ranked #2 of 289 Restaurants in McKinney
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent food and beautiful setting”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Enjoyed a family celebration at Rick's recently, and everything was pretty near perfection. I ordered the filet, and it was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Others ordered trout and The Cowboy, and raved about their choices. Service and atmosphere were outstanding. The only disappointment was the spinach salad wasn't as special as it sounded on the menu, not bad, but not special. It was a bit noisy on a Saturday night. Might try midweek next time, and there definitely will be a next time.

Visited June 2014

Allen, Texas
“My family's new FAVORITE restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is my absolute hands-down favorite place to go for steak (or pretty much anything else!) My family, who are mostly cattle ranchers in North Dakota, was in town and I took them here for dinner. They LOVED it. My uncle is a pretty hard-to-please steak eater, and he's always expecting something good when he visits Texas. Well he said it may have been the best ribeye he's ever had. I was impressed by that statement to say the least. I know this is where we'll be headed for dinner any time they're in town. They also have the best chocolate pecan pie...ooh!

• Visited May 2014
Houston
“Excellent food and service on a very cool town square!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Whenever I am near McKinney I like to stop into the historic town square for the food, drinks, and antique shopping. This time I ate at Ricks Chophouse and it was awesome. I was there on a Monday evening and I managed to just walk up without a reservation and get an outside table (but the last one). The service was excellent - friendly, good recommendations on the various filet options (grain fed, grass fed, buffalo, elk, etc), and attentive. I had a traditional beef filet that was cooked perfectly and very tasty, and my wife and I split a very nice spinach salad. Although I sat outside, I managed to walk around inside the restaurant a bit and it was also impressive - lots of dark wood, antique looking lighting, massive bar - overall a warm, cozy, comfortable feel.

• Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Great birthday dinner”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Took the family to Rick's for my birthday this past weekend. Started off with the pork belly, it was nice and crisp on the outside and tender and wonderful when you took a bite. Cocktails were made well but glasses were on the small side, but drinks were tasty and served their purpose while we looked over the menu. The wife and I had the filet, my son had the ribeye, and our daughter went with a "boring" burger... although it looked awesome and she said it was very good. The steaks were cooked to our specifications and the sides were all excellent. The three of us who are of legal drinking age had a bottle of Parraduxx; its a nice red blend and went very well with the steaks. Dessert was a piece of pecan pie and bourbon ice cream, loved it. The kids, if 23 and 17 yrs are still kids, had the brownie sundae for 2, from the speed they devoured it and the good natured comments to each other about not getting their spoon in the way, it must have been going over well. Overall the meal and the setting was excellent, service was superb as always and the chance to enjoy a fine meal with my favorite people created a new fond memory.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TXdirt
Mckinney, TX
“Great food & service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is one of the better steak house in North Texas. Decor is warm and the wait staff does an excellent job.
If you are a fan of pork chops, ther stuff chop is to die for

• Visited February 2014