“We wanted Special - We got Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rick's Chophouse

Rick's Chophouse
Ranked #2 of 287 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McKinney, Texas
“We wanted Special - We got Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I cannot recall if I have reviewed Ricks before, but this is probably the first time we have gone on a warm Spring Thursday evening and it did not disappoint. Generally, I get some form of beef, and my wife follows suit. This time, I had the Sea Bass and she, the filet mignon. The beef is ALWAYS good, and the review is 5/5 consistently on that. Since we planned to grille burgers on the Friday after, I went with seafood. The Sea Bass was quality, the portion was between 8-9 ounces and was seared in an olive oil or similar to give it a snap when placed on the tongue. Diana had a field green salad and I had the Caesar Salad to start. We enjoyed a bottle of Pinot Grigio (I know, steak) and it was a complete evening. We did not do dessert this evening, but went home and relaxed together from this wonderful evening. The cost of entrees is reflective of the ambiance, service, and quality food. Expect entrees to run anywhere from $25-50, depending on what you get and what is in season. Perhaps not a weekly restaurant, but certainly one that qualifies for special occasions, romance, atmosphere, and relaxation after hard week or weeks.

• Visited May 2013

“Go there. Seriously.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Amazing steak, beautiful setting and top-notch service. It was our first visit and we were treated like faithful regulars by the wait staff and GM Robert. Rich, dark wood interior provides the perfect setting for very well executed dining. We will be back.

• Visited May 2013
Texas
“Delicious food in a lovely historic setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Rick's has wonderful steaks and an overall very nice dining experience. The staff is exceptionally friendly and professional and the food is excellent. There is some seating outside for people-watching on the square, or very cozy seating inside as well.

Visited October 2012
Maple Shade, New Jersey
“Beautiful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Rick's is a beautiful restaurant with lovely staff. Everyone there is so inviting and accommodating. The food isn't exactly my forte, but it is very well-prepared and enjoyable. The atmosphere is very relaxing and exceptional. It is a very wonderful place to have on McKinney's square and I enjoy going there for dates with my significant other.

Thank you for providing us with beautiful experiences - great service and excellent quality.

Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very nice dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I, along with friends and family, have been here multiple times. I generally order the carpetbagger, or filet mignon. The appetizers are also very good, and I personally have never had a bad meal here. If you don't want to eat in the main restaurant, you can head to the back to the lounge, where they have live piano music on some nights, with the same menu as the main restaurant. A very cool place to hang out.

So why am I rating them as very good and not excellent? The last time we came here for my father's birthday. Both he and my mother were served steaks that were not cooked well at all, they were basically raw, not even close to rare yet, and they had ordered medium. The waitress took them back and brought them back out. It was much better, but the cut itself was not very good, which is not the norm for this place.

We finished our meal, and usually for birthdays, they offer a free dessert. They did not do so this time, nor give much acknowledgement that it was a birthday dinner.

All in all, the last time we went was a poor experience. But I'm weighing this against the 10-15 times we have been here and had a great time.

• Visited April 2013