“Not outstanding, but certainly adequate” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 McKinney/Plano Area

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Super 8 McKinney/Plano Area
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Springfield, Missouri
“Not outstanding, but certainly adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Not luxurious or fancy, but certainly an acceptable place to stay, especially at the prices in effect when we booked a room. The property (July 2012) was in good condition; was clean; towels a little thin; had a nice outdoor pool in back, not in full view of passers by. Had a more-basic breakfast: two types of cold cereal, the do-it-yourself waffle iron, juice and milk, a few other things. Is located on the east side (i.e, northbound) frontage road of US 75/ Central. To summarize, nothing special, but certainly nothing objectionable; worth considering, worth staying at. (PS - I suspect that I am a more critical rater than many; my "average" means "good", but not "very good".)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed there from Thursday and left today.. I didnt have any problem other than I bought 2 diets cokes out of coke machine in lobby and they expired Sept 2011! I blame Coke not hotel! Good place to stay will stay there again when I come back to McKinney!

• Stayed July 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

On a recent trip to McKinney, we needed to make reservations for 2 nights at a pet friendly hotel, and this one was very accomodating and accepting of our 6 lb. Yorkie. Of course, you never know how hotels will be when you get there, and we arrived much earlier than the 3:00 check-in time. We were pleasantly surprised when we were told that we could check-in at 10:00 a.m.! We were greeted by the owners themselves, and they really made us feel welcome. The room was close to the entrance, fresh and clean, the king size bed was very comfortable, good shower, and the hotel and breakfast room were all fresh, clean and nicely appointed. We would definately stay there again the next time we make the trip to McKinney. It is very convenient to the highway and shopping, and the car wash is right next door! They also have coffee for guests 24/7.

Room Tip: Always inspect your room before you accept the key.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Longview, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel was a host of "no's."
1) The room was ridiculously small. We had to turn in unison.
2) The bedspreads did not appear clean. Sheets seemed ok, but there was no other seating.
3) The fire alarm went off twice in the night with no explanation and no one leaving. No calls to say false alarm. We could have been fried to a crisp.
4) We were told at check-in: "Please go see if room is clean. If so, we check you in. Last room today." Seriously? We were speechless. We checked our own room for cleanliness. What????
5) At breakfast, we were leered at by a hotel employee because we were finishing at 9. All they had was cereal, yogurt, toast and some kind of cinnamon bun. It tasted ok. The juice dispenser was broken and the coffee tasted like motor oil. The employee watched breakfast people with an impatient look until people left. Again, seriously?
6) All staff were unfriendly and not helpful. There were not enough towels and this problem was not solved.
7) Hallway, stairs, elevator and lobby were not air conditioned. It's summer.

One positive - it was very cool in the room, and although we covered up with the possibly not clean blankets, and none us really slept, it was only $45. Maybe that's why people were living there. At least the pool was ok. :)

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. The Motel 6 around the corner looked better. 6 is lower than 8 but a better...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these McKinney hotels

Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Made me feel like home away from home. The rooms are clean and is in a great location. I will definitely be coming back when in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Celina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I needed a pet friendly hotel for three nights while I was waiting to close on a house. This hotel and it's staff exceeded all of my expectations. I was given a first floor room near the exit door to make it easy to get in and out with my dogs. The staff helped me with faxes I needed to send for closing. The hotel was super clean. There was a nice pool and a large cable selection on TV. The staff complimented my dogs when I checked out! Overall just a super experience during a very stressful time. I really appreciated the extra friendliness and helpfulness I found at the Super 8 in McKinney TX.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I booked via Priceline and got a good deal for two nights. The front desk was friendly and welcoming. Of course, Super 8 is not a deluxe hotel, but for the money I payed, it was a great deal: clean rooms including TV, fridge, microwave, ironing board, coffeemaker and free internet. When I tried the internet, it didn't work at first. After calling the front desk, it worked after 2 minutes. Included was a continental breakfast with donuts, waffles, juices, corn flakes, etc.

I definitely recommend this hotel as a low-price option. I have nothing to complain and my expectations were actually exceeded.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends