“Pleasantly Surprised”

Super 8 McKinney/Plano Area
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Reviewed June 28, 2012

On a recent trip to McKinney, we needed to make reservations for 2 nights at a pet friendly hotel, and this one was very accomodating and accepting of our 6 lb. Yorkie. Of course, you never know how hotels will be when you get there, and we arrived much earlier than the 3:00 check-in time. We were pleasantly surprised when we were told that we could check-in at 10:00 a.m.! We were greeted by the owners themselves, and they really made us feel welcome. The room was close to the entrance, fresh and clean, the king size bed was very comfortable, good shower, and the hotel and breakfast room were all fresh, clean and nicely appointed. We would definately stay there again the next time we make the trip to McKinney. It is very convenient to the highway and shopping, and the car wash is right next door! They also have coffee for guests 24/7.

Room Tip: Always inspect your room before you accept the key.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel was a host of "no's."
1) The room was ridiculously small. We had to turn in unison.
2) The bedspreads did not appear clean. Sheets seemed ok, but there was no other seating.
3) The fire alarm went off twice in the night with no explanation and no one leaving. No calls to say false alarm. We could have been fried to a crisp.
4) We were told at check-in: "Please go see if room is clean. If so, we check you in. Last room today." Seriously? We were speechless. We checked our own room for cleanliness. What????
5) At breakfast, we were leered at by a hotel employee because we were finishing at 9. All they had was cereal, yogurt, toast and some kind of cinnamon bun. It tasted ok. The juice dispenser was broken and the coffee tasted like motor oil. The employee watched breakfast people with an impatient look until people left. Again, seriously?
6) All staff were unfriendly and not helpful. There were not enough towels and this problem was not solved.
7) Hallway, stairs, elevator and lobby were not air conditioned. It's summer.

One positive - it was very cool in the room, and although we covered up with the possibly not clean blankets, and none us really slept, it was only $45. Maybe that's why people were living there. At least the pool was ok. :)

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. The Motel 6 around the corner looked better. 6 is lower than 8 but a better...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Made me feel like home away from home. The rooms are clean and is in a great location. I will definitely be coming back when in town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I needed a pet friendly hotel for three nights while I was waiting to close on a house. This hotel and it's staff exceeded all of my expectations. I was given a first floor room near the exit door to make it easy to get in and out with my dogs. The staff helped me with faxes I needed to send for closing. The hotel was super clean. There was a nice pool and a large cable selection on TV. The staff complimented my dogs when I checked out! Overall just a super experience during a very stressful time. I really appreciated the extra friendliness and helpfulness I found at the Super 8 in McKinney TX.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I booked via Priceline and got a good deal for two nights. The front desk was friendly and welcoming. Of course, Super 8 is not a deluxe hotel, but for the money I payed, it was a great deal: clean rooms including TV, fridge, microwave, ironing board, coffeemaker and free internet. When I tried the internet, it didn't work at first. After calling the front desk, it worked after 2 minutes. Included was a continental breakfast with donuts, waffles, juices, corn flakes, etc.

I definitely recommend this hotel as a low-price option. I have nothing to complain and my expectations were actually exceeded.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed at this super 8 for work. It is in a good location and had a nice neighborhood to walk in. Its a pretty average hotel. Nice and clean and a friendly staff

Room Tip: First floor is always nice
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ted N
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We had some plumbing problems and had to get a hotel room for a few days so we decided to stay near my husbands work at the Super 8... I was truly impressed with how friendly and helpful the staff was, but most of all, I loved how clean the hotel was. My room was clean and well maintained and that always makes a great night sleep! The breakfast was a plus as well... I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family......

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business