“Good Room” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Newport News, Virginia
“Good Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The room was comfortable and clean and it was definitely a good price for the area. It is right off the freeway and easy to find. We only stayed there for one night, but desk service was great. Both Craig and Peter were helpful and accommodating. It was a very quiet hotel and a good room for a good price. Nothing fancy, but it was clean and well maintained for a Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Killeen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at this same hotel several years ago, This time I was not happy at all. Everything was bad

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these McKinney hotels

Ardmore, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I'm not a complainer but I had to post review to try to help correct rating. I personally cleaned bathroom floor and something bloody wiped on wall. Rust stained sheets and towels that didn't really bother me but my spoiled kids were freakin and posting pictures on social media sites. Don't want to forget the holes in the sheetrock. A broken down unkempt facility. How this facility ranked 9th of 12 is beyond me.Oh and the "Continental Breakfast " was a worn out cereal dispenser with generic fruit loops and corn flakes and a gallon jug of milk set in ice water and a loaf of bread with butter. IHOP just 1/4 mile or so south so that was our breakfast. When I left at 9:45 this morning some guests were already leaning on upper floor railing with a cold brew for breakfast. We compared stories with three other guests who were in McKinney for the same function. Disappointment amongst all of us.

Room Tip: My advice is to stay away
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I spent 4 nights here from May 25th, 2013 through May 28th, 2013. I have stayed at many Days Inn's all over the United States and I have to say I was certainly disappointed with this one in McKinney, Texas. I choose this location as it was close to my relatives in Melissa, TX. I am from San Diego, CA. The only pro was the location as it was close to lots of shopping and restaurants etc. Now the bad.....beds were horrible, the TV was old, there was a constant drip from the AC in which we used the ice bucket to continually catch the dripping and it also overflowed and left a huge wet spot on the carpet near the bed. We had only one bath towel. The breakfast was a joke! Now the worst part....My rental car was broken into and my wallet was stolen and checks were written on my bank account, also credit cards stolen! This place is crawling with creepy people!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

One of my friend told me that the quality of the rooms are bad. When they stay there 1 day ago. They told me that the handing clothing was very very bad. The room was broken like the warehouse. The manager was friendly to the customer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business