“Gross - don't do it”
Review of Days Inn Mckinney

Days Inn Mckinney
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in McKinney
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I booked a room on venereal.com and prepaid 3 nights. My flight was delayed by 3.5 hours and I checked in and only stayed because I was desperate for rest at 3 a.m. The sink was full of stubble from the man who last shaved there, the floor needed vacuuming and everything was generally worn out and run down. I just read another review that said the coffee maker was broken but I never found out if mine worked because in the morning I was rushing to get my stuff together so I could checkout.

Another thing I didn't like was that it was right off the busy highway on a service road so it was noisy.

I lost money but really that's my fault for prepaying on an place I wasn't familiar with. I was ready to accept the financial hit in exchange for not having to stay in that dive a minute longer.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I do read these reviews, but never thought I would write one. We are retired and stay at between 50 and 75 Days Inns a year. As a rule the Days Inn people do take pride in their motels. The exception is this place. My son and I checked in for two rooms. We went to our rooms which were side by side. Painting was being done on the doors to the rooms. Our rooms were sticky but dry. The rooms were open all day because of the painting so open to bugs, heat, etc. No electricity in my son's room. He changed rooms - now in the new room hair everywhere in the bath, toilet and vanity. Changed rooms again - TV remote didn't work in his room or mine. His never worked even with replacement. Large amount of bugs in both rooms. Hall ways filthy, no soda machines worked. Morning breakfast was a joke. I won't go into that as I feel you should be getting the point by now. The desk gentlemen made the changes to help us, but they really did not care as the whole place was a joke. My suggestion is to just blow the place up and start over. Please, Days Inn, step in and either get this place straightened out or dump them. Your customers deserve more.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This room was really dirty. Hair on the bathroom floor and the carpet had not been vacuumed. The desk had sticky stuff on it that I cleaned off. The coffee maker did not work. The only good thing was the the beds were comfortable and we just needed a place to sleep for one night.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

While staying at the Days Inn in McKinney, TX I found Manager, Sam Bhatt to be very accommodating to our needs. On all occasions Sam provided very friendly and high quality service. The rooms were nice and the C breakfast was adequate. The location was convenient even though there was construction on Highway 75. I give a high recommendation to this hotel because the of the quality customer service provided by SAM. The budget rates at this Days Inn were very reasonable. Very pet friendly.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have alot of baggage request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2011

For location way out of dallas one would think they would be intrested in promoting business but they arnt. Last time I will ever stay at this location poor judgment by night staff and management not suprising cause none from america. Many alternatives with better acommadtions I recomend that anyone pick other hotels that treat customers better, many exist all over the area.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was thrilled with the front desk person help.. I guess his name is john.. He made my tenure very pleasant.. He helped me all over the day.. He even gave the map print out to nearby business location. definitely i will tip him next time..

Room Tip: rooms by the pool are awesome
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank richardson d
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were told we were paying for a room with 2 queen beds, we got a room with 2 double beds which was awful. We were also told they had cribs available for my 1 year old. When we checked in and asked for one the man acted like he didn't know what a crib was so we had to go without. For $80 I would expect to at least get what we were told! The room was not clean, the carpets weren't vacuumed and floors weren't swept. I wouldn't recommend staying here! There was a refrigerator in the room but it wasn't even on so it did us NO good!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family