“Great Holiday Inn Customer Service So So”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites McKinney - Fairview
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I have traveled the U.S. on my Harley and never had any problems with the hotel letting me put the bike near the front door as long as it was out of the way. I am Platinum with Priority Club and Diamond with Hilton. Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton and Hamptons all are accomodating to bikers. Not so here. They were not accomodating with this at all. Harleys are a high theft item especially in Texas. Also the bar and restaurant were nice but slow in service. The front desk clerk did not seem to enjoy her work. The food was very good though. Had it not been for these two items I would rate this hotel as one of the best I have stayed at. The rooms are outstanding, having one of those showers that sprays from several sides. The beds were absolutely the best and I wish I could purchase one. The rooms had two flat screens and were laid out perfectly. The rooms were top notch. The location is close but not quite walking distance to many great restaurants and entertainment. I would recommend staying here, but I hope their customer service gets better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
helmhotelsgroup, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites McKinney - Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Thank you very much for the kind words about our facility. We pride ourselves in keeping the hotel looking like new and we hope that you will stay with us again during another visit to McKinney. We would like to apologize for not accommodating your request to leave your bike near the front door. Understandably, this is a very precious item or yours and you would like to take every procaution necessary to ensure its safety. This request should have been honored immediately and I apologize that it was not. We would like all guests to know that everyone is welcome at our hotel and we will do everything in our power to accommodate any requests made. Thank you again for the compliments about our hotel and we would love the opportunity to show you our true Texas Hospitality in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

I really enjoyed working with Shayla and Elena. They were very professional and very friendly. They helped to ensure our 25th class reunion was a success.
Shayla made herself available to me when needed.
Elena took great care of us at the banquet....everyone loved Elena.

I was little disappointed with the fruit tray....the cost did not meet the quality of the fruit and i expected a little more fruit for my money.

Over all I loved my stay.

• Stayed: July 2010
helmhotelsgroup, Vice President of E-Commerce & Public Relations at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites McKinney - Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We apologize that the fruit tray wasn't satisfactory, but we'll make it right for next time! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2010

The hotel was new, and very clean, but the woman at the front desk was not pleasant to deal with and made us feel as if we were bothering her each time we needed to ask a question or interact with her. Also, the pool was unusable the first night we were there because the chlorine in the air was so strong it burned our eyes so bad it caused them to water. I was concerned for my kids safety, so we stopped using the pool immediately. When I complained, the woman at the desk said the pool is checked by maintenance every day, so it must be ok. I also complained to the manager the next day, but she neither followed up with me after nor did she do anything to comp for the fact that part of the reason we stayed there was so the kids could swim. Neither were good at meeting the needs of their customers. The fitness room was available, but equipped with cut rate, cheap equipment.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sapuleo
helmhotelsgroup, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites McKinney - Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to send in a review of our hotel in McKinney, Texas. We realize that you have a lot of choices when staying in a hotel and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to accommodate your needs for the night. I would also like to apologize for the concerns you voiced about our customer service and indoor pool. Since your visit, we have identified and attempted to correct the problem. I am highly disappointed that this was not corrected or at least acknowledged by our staff during your visit. As a fairly new hotel, we pride ourselves on exceeding your expectations for customer service and all facilities that we provide to our guests. We hope that you can give our hotel another chance to show you our true Texas hospitality.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

This hotel and staff far exceeded our expectations from the moment we first met with the Sales and Management staff to plan the events for our daughter's wedding. We needed 15 rooms for the many out of state guests we had from NY. The rooms were nicer than many luxury hotels we have stayed with in the past, including the Hyatt chain. All of our guests were very impressed with the hotel staff and it's many ameneties, especially the pool and hot tub. The hotel was 100% occupied the weekend we were there for our wedding event and still the staff accomodated all our needs, including a private brunch for our extended family. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010

Thank you so much for your response! We are thrilled that you had a great experience at our hotel, and we can't wait until we see you again. If you need anything at all in the mean time, please feel free to let us know!

Reviewed February 28, 2010

This was a very nice hotel. It is one of the newer ones therefore it has contemporary furnishing, and a restuarant. We stayed in a suite which was very nice. It had two 32" flat screen tv's, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. The work desk was large and made of glass. The kitchenett had a mirowave, dishes and silverware. There was a mini frig and the cabinet area was beautiful dark wood & stained glass. The bath was also in dark wood with a above the counter sink bowel (very modern). The shower had one big shower head and four smaller jet type head that spray from the back of the shower and the front. However the water pressure can not accommodate all the heads operating at once. but that was okay. it still does a geat job! The bedroom area is not very big, but it is a comfortable size. I like that the bathroom and closet is outside the bedroom that way if you are traveling with a family they do not have to come into the bedroom to use the bathroom. The bed was comfortable, a little firm for my taste, however you can order a pillow from the pillow menu to make you sleep much better.
The restuarant is open for diner and breakfast, they have personal mini tv's at each table. There is also room service available. The gym only has one treadmill, one bike, one stair climber and one weight machine, which I could not seem to get to work. The pool is not very big but it is indoor and has a hot tub.

We had a chance to go to the Allen Outlet Mall and downtown McKinney to the two wineries. One of our favorite spots downtown Mckinny was the Candy Store. It had a lot of the old candy from back in the 70's.
We will defintely stay here again. The staff was wonder, very helpful and funny.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nita626_6
helmhotelsgroup, E-Commerce Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites McKinney - Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind words and for stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2009

Great hotel and locatiion. Very quiet. We had a one bedroom suite with a sleeper sofa. It was roomy enough for the three of us. The hotel is modern and looks new. The pool is pretty but seemed a little green. Husband loved the gym. Close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BaseballMomTo22
Reviewed May 31, 2009

This place is probably the dirtest hotel I have ever stayed in. It smells terrible, They claim to "clean green" I think this means they save a lot of money by not cleaning.The elevators had trash and dirt and a cigarette butt. The clerk was bored and slow when I requested bedding for the pull out. He then brought just sheets.

The room was absolutely filthy. Hair and soap scum in the bathroom. The shower was so dirty I wore my shower shoes.Tables ,mirrors and the only eating surface were smudged with fingerprints and food and dust. The refrigerator had hair and food in it. 3 towels that's it. No wash cloths or hand towels. The room smelled like a combination of urine and sweat.

There is a guest laundry. No quaters and no soap available. I did not find out about the soap until it took my money. I waited at the front desk for about 10 minutes to get a refund and was told the clerk was outside playing/smoking with her friend. A non employee. When I explained that the soap machine took my money she rolled her eyes and said "yeah I have been to busy to put up a sign".

Not a manager in sight. When you ask for more towels they want to know what happened to the ones you have.

The pool was disgusting. That night looked as if a frat party had occured. There was a cup of something floating in the pool. Dirty wet towels covered every surface and there were no clean towels. Just again with the horrible smells and the trash.

Grounds littered with trash and cigarette butts but I guess that is because the clerk goes outside to smoke and play with her friends.

Over priced and about on par with a one star hotel.

I will be staying in McKinney frequently as I was there for the birth of my grand child but I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family