“To the person who says the fried rice in Japan is better....”
Review of Kobe Steak & Sushi

Ranked #187 of 291 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Steakhouse
wendyhanks
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“To the person who says the fried rice in Japan is better....”
Reviewed April 15, 2009

To the person who says the fried rice in Japan is better.... Of course, fried rice in Japan would be better. I however, think the fried rice is wonderful at Kobe. It's better than Benihana and others I've had.

We eat at Kobe often (at least 2 or 3 times a month) and it is amazing food. The filet mignon is my favorite. We also like the Kobe beef and if you haven't tried the scallops ...they are simply to die for (I always add them to my meal)!!!! Great service and always fun. My teenage kids love it and they can't get enough of the fried rice (my son's favorite)!!!

We're on our way there now for lunch and we hope they are open for lunch but we always go at dinner. If they're not open for lunch, I guess we'll have to settle for Saltgrass ...again!

Bon Appetite!!!!
Wendy Hanks

1 Thank wendyhanks

Frisco, Tx
“Totally over priced”
Reviewed September 19, 2008

The food is very good, but a good piece of Texas cow will suit me just fine. I was dissapointed in the "Fried Rice", as I have been to Japan for the real stuff; and have had better at other Stateside locations.

Since the Kobe Beef menu item was $42.00+, I didn't think it was even worth trying. The McKinney Kobe location will end up being a one time only experience, and I will advise family & friends to cross it off the dining list. The "ambiance" of having someone cook my steak in front of me just isn't worth the price.
RonB
Frisco, Tx.

Dallas, Texas
“The best Japanese Steakhouse in town”
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Out of all the hibatchi Japanese Steakhouses, this is the best.
We love going there, the food is always tasty, the service is exceptional and the dark modern interior is intimate and very posh.
I highly recommend this place.

McKinney, Texas
“My favorite restaurant in McKinney”
Reviewed February 14, 2008

Wonderful Japanese steak house, smaller and more intimate then most, but less of the theatrics then the usual Japanese steak house. If you looking for a great Hibachi style Japanese restaurant you won’t go wrong with Kobe Steak and Sushi, and yes they do have Kobe beef!