“Food Good, Service Just Ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Coffee Shop Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in McGregor
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florence, South Carolina
“Food Good, Service Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I stopped for lunch with a friend and we both ate off the menu instead of the buffet. We had the buffalo chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and pickles. They chicken was white meat covered with buffalo sauce which had spicy flavor and it was very good.

The service was a bit lacking and I had to flag our waitress down several times for napkins, creamer, etc but it was lunch time and the place was crowded.

Visited February 2014

Rowlett, Texas, USA
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The food at the Coffee Shop Cafe was very, very good. Portions were quite generous. I ate breakfast - eggs, sausage and two HUGE pancakes. All was very good. My friend had chicken fried steak and she said it was quite good as well. Prices are reasonable. The waitress was adequate - I started to lower my overall rating because she was less than friendly.

• Visited December 2013
Finger Lakes, New York
“Sunday Morning Breakfast Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Just starting out after a stay in Waco and on our way to Fort Davis, we found this gem of a coffee shop. The place was packed with locals, but we did not feel out of place. We started with a cinnamon bun, which was excellent. We then had eggs, Texas toast and bacon. All good. Coffee was hot and plentiful. We enjoyed our brief stop here.

Visited November 2013
Woodway, TX
“something for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our latest visit was to the lunch buffet. I am very picky about chicken fried steak, but I will give theirs my wholehearted approval. Crunchy on the outside, and 2 choices of gravy. The mashed potatoes are excellent. In addition to the salad bar, they had green beans, corn, fried okra, hush puppies, okra and tomatoes, cabbage, squash, carrots, and about 5 or 6 other things I can't remember. There were about 6 or 7 meats. The price is $2 more if you choose more than one meat. The meal also comes with dessert (a small piece of cake or cobbler, usually with ice cream). The pies look like they would be heaven. There are many kinds to choose from, but I am always too full from the meal to indulge.
Do not expect fancy décor. It wouldn't be the same if they remodeled.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank corollagirl
Arlington, Texas
“THE place for the unhealthy food I like!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This place is not too far from Crawford and the former President Bush ranch. I was in the restaurant some years ago when he showed up to eat. I am told he is not as frequent a customer these days but who knows, you may dine with the Bushes here. The walls are covered with photos of the Bushes and other political figures who have eaten there. Souviners are also for sale.
Now for the review... There is a menu but few order from that and instead have the large buffet. You get one of a variety of meats, and all the veggies you want, along with a dessert for $6.99. Two meats cost $7.99. My choice this visit was the chicken fried steak. It was very good. Real meat and not the "chicken fried oatmeal" you may get elsewhere. The many other selections were hot and good. I found the corn nuggets, and the cooked cabbage really good - but they have many other selections.
The waitstaff is what you would expect in a small town country cooking place. Quick, competent and quite playful.
This is the place to have lunch in McGregor Texas.I can recommend it.
Make sure and look at their website and note the recognition by various magazines.

• Visited May 2013