“Great Breakfast”

Coffee Shop Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in McGregor
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The biscuits are wonderful! They have a little bit of everything on the breakfast buffet so everyone would find something they love.

Visited May 2012

Litchfield Park, Arizona
“Great Friday Fish Fry”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was wanting some fry cat fish so my uncle suggested the Coffee Shop Cafe. I had eaten here before a long time ago. If you are worried about eating healthy, stop reading and move on. This in true southern home cooking. The cat fish was great. I also had a small piece of chicken fried steak that rocked as well. The mash potato's were truly home made with two types of gravy. We left feeling like a baby tick on an old hound dog. I am glad I do not live close because I would be a big old boy.

Boston
“THE BEST Chicken Fried Steak!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I go to Texas at least once a year to visit family, and the Coffee Shop Cafe is a must. I get the buffet: chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, fried okra, pea salad and lots of other stuff (mostly healthy to counterbalance the fat and salt). The whole bill is under $10, including drink and dessert, and I'm happy for many hours afterward. I've had chicken fried steak all over Texas (including the Ranchers Steakhouse in Gatesville and The Gin in Belton), but this is THE BEST.

Eddy, Texas
“Home Cooking at a Comfortable Price”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Breakfast is always so good at the coffee shop. Althought the breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday is delicious with a varied assortment of fresh food, it is nice to also just order from the menu. Breakfast is served from the menu all day. The grits are a delicious side with eggs and sausage. The biscuits were a little dry but obviously fresh made. The service is always comfortable and the waite staff helpful and caring. I would recommend the Coffee Shop for a down home meal.

Branchburg, New Jersey
“Food is decent, ungodly unhealthy, but Peggy is always great!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I currently travel to McGregor, TX about a week a month. This restaurant is a favorite of the folks that work at the plant I visit. Typically in a visit I will eat here 3 out of the 5 days I visit, so I have tried just about everything on the menu.
1.Atmosphere- well Im not sure what to say, other than its very interesting. The place has a section dedicated to the Bush Family, is covered is all sorts of coffee mugs and has random crap ie glittered hand bangs, hats, etc, all over the place. I have had people reach over me to grab some strange hat that has a glitter cupcake on it. Not my cup of tea but hey what ever works for them.
2.Service - I have learned to always sit in Peggy's section. She is there ever day during the week. I am not sure about the weekends. Be nice to Peggy, if you are nice to her she is overly sweet to you. Her section is the one when you first walk in to the right. It is the first two rows of tables.
3. Food is ok, sandwiches are fine. I like the Turkey club, I enjoy the wildwing salad (wildwings are a local fare of chopped jalepenos, monteray jack chees and chicken that is wrapped in lots of layers of bacon and deep fried!) they are quiet tasty, but again really not healthy. Ask Peggy if things are good or what she would recommend. She is honest, I asked how the pulled pork sandwich was, her response was dont eat that crap its out of a tub. But she will point out that things like the Cowboy stew( which is delicious) are homemade. Also let it be known you get dessert with your meal. They give you a choice of dessert ( which changes daily) and ice cream or just dessert or just ice cream. take the dessert peggy gets sad when you dont. the cakes are homemade!
4.Price - its cheap as hell
5.People Watching - this place is great for people watching. Also its an odd mix of white collar and blue collar being there is a lot of industry in the general Mcgregor area. But everyone seems to know each other. kind of odd but it works for them.

In conclusion, give it a try and like I said ALWAYS ask for Peggy!

• Visited August 2012