“Small town surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Arizona
“Small town surprise”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was not my first stop at Luigi's. My brother lives here and I used to, so it was known to my family. We were visiting my brother and decided to go out with family for dinner. While the layout inside could use some upgrades, the food was nothing short of outstanding. I had spaghetti, my wife had a chicken dish an my niece had lobster ravioli. All the dishes were great and we gobbled them right down. I would call it 'Homestyle Italian Food'. Ice tea was good and we polished off most of the rolls the provided which were good as well. We rarely eat dessert, but this night with family we sampled the chocolate cheese cake which was the icing on this meal!
I might state that the service was excellent as well and the girl waiting on us took our picture with my IPhone. We will definitely come in again, next time we are in town and I would recommend if you are near McGregor to look them up, you won't regret it.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank ChetandTammara

Virginia, USA
“HUGE lunch!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great stop for a business lunch. Service was very quick to get us seated and have drinks and warm bread. There is an extensive lunch selection for $6.95 that includes salad and an entree. The house dressing was fantastic, a tangy version of Italian but with a little tomato in there. The pasta portion was huge. The sauce was perfect, a little chunky and obviously fresh. I was only able to eat about half of my meal, which was true for everyone in the group. Decor was a little sparse, but service and food was a great bargin, I would definitely come back should I end up in the area again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Breezy_in_Virginia
Waco, Texas
“Italian food”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Love their sauce. The food there is authentic and the staff there are friendly and helpful. You can buy a jar of their sauce if you wish.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mary C
Gatesville, TX
“Wonderful food, casual atmosphere with great service with a smile”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Last night we ate at Luigi's with family and enjoyed the visit as we always do. The food is exceptionally good. I love Bekim's Special and the tortelini alla panna with its fantastic cream sauce that is not too heavy and not too light. Bread is awesome and homemade. Food is not overpriced and you get tons of it. Best of all is the family that owns Luigi's always greet you with a smile and make you feel as though you are being served as part of their extended family. Great service from the wait staff is always friendly and efficient. Oh, and don't forget you can bring your own bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal (no liquor sold at the restaurant). If you haven't tried this restaurant then make a point to stop in McGregor (near Waco) and enjoy Luigi's fine food.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank TexasCatBird
Eddy, Texas
“FRESH, DELICIOUS, AND AUTHENTIC”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Luigi's Restaurant in McGregor is so delicious and authentic Italian food. We especially love the Luigi's salad (enough for two) and the lobster ravioli. The pizza and calazone are equally delicious. The tiramisu is made fresh and a large dessert serving, delicious for an ending to a wonderful meal. They bring hot and mouth watering rolls to the table while you wait. The staff are friendly and always welcoming. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012