See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2018

Attractive lobby and rooms. Everything working and well maintained. The standard room is quite spacious and comfortable.

The buffet breakfast had hot scrambled eggs with ham and hot beans. There were waffles, a selection of cold cereals and a variety of fresh fruit and juices.

They have an airport shuttle and they were happy to give me a ride to the bus station. Friendliness and service were superb.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank GranPena
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Old hotel with old smell. Ants crawling all over bathroom counter. Not much privacy because curtains would not close all the way allowing someone to walk by and look in your room. Location to the McAllen airport and food is good. Short trip to Airport

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Charles R
Omar G, General Manager at Clarion Inn Near McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Good morning Mr. Charles.

I was disappointed to read your review. We were made aware of the ants and had our commercial pest control contractor come out and service the entire property.

The blinds comment worries me. I am going to personally go look at those and get them replaced to a more solid black out.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I do thank you for your comments and I will make the improvements and instruct staff to continue to let management know if they see any of these issues in any of our other rooms.

Yours in Hospitality,
Omar Guevara, CHA

Reviewed November 18, 2016

Several months ago I went to visit a family member whom was working in and around the area. I had my doubts as I have never been to nor am I from the surrounding area. However my doubts were not confirmed I had a pleasant stay and was most impressed with the hospitality. The receptionist was a short girl her name eludes me at the moment but it started with an "I" I believe. Regardless the name, I never had any problems with my room or any of the staff. Everyone I encountered were friendly or had a warm smile on their face. The receptionist was very amicable and accommodating though I didn't have to request help from the staff too often simply because everything was well organized and taken care of. I had a clean room with plenty of towels and toiletries along with an efficiently working air conditioner. It is a great value and nice place especially for the price. As far as location and amenities go everything that you need is pretty much there. The night club and pool were both nice. The hotel is also in a very good location and not far from any place you may want to go or need to go and get something on a moments notice. For me personally I really value the personality of the people that work at a place in which I choose to stay at and I didn't have any objections to the vibes that I recieved from them I believe a smile leads to a smile and a smile leads to a happy person and a happy person leads to having a memorable and happy visit.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank TsalagiRebel
Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

It's not a family hotel. Only the hallways are pretty. The rooms are renewed but are not clean. The bed sheets had blood stains and the air conditioning it's not good for the day (doesn't cool enough). To enter to the room you have to pass for a "disco" that doesn't look too good when you go with your family. Maybe for a couple of bucks more and block away you'll find "Posada Ana Inn" it's completely clean and really cheap.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Borquiex
Reviewed March 24, 2016 via mobile

The air conditionating did not worked, the room was hot and we even find a big spider!

Pool was dirty and water looked green so we did not even considered to go there.

The bar/club of the hotel is aweful! The people were mainly woman looking for men to take with them and vice versa. We just finished our beers and got out there as soon as we could!

Do not stay there!