All reviews light meal front desk social hour mini kitchen housekeeping staff living area breakfast buffet every morning the rio grande valley airport couch mall perks sodas rgv checkin
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stayed a this location in June, and very much liked it, but decided to give it a few more tries before I made a set idea of it. And this hotel is one of the best i have stayed at, and i travel almost all year round.

The hotel is less than 9 months , but they already have a staff that is true to its customers! They are not overbearing, but always welcome you and tell you how great it is to have me back. Recognition is always a biggie for me since I live at hotels more than at home.

Their rooms exceed what you paid for, with different options to choose from.I reccommend the Studio for 1 or 2 nights. But for anything longer a One bedroom is great. You will get what you ask for in these rooms and more. Full size kitchens make it easer for me since I get tired of take out, and the TV's are great!

The breakfast is not cooked to order, but you dont get a hot breakfast like that anywhere, and much less for free. Their Sundowner is great with some beer and wine and soft drinks and the "snacks" are more than snacks. They give out hamburgers and pizza and pasta, its a dinner!

keep in mind that this is not a Full Service Hotel, so they dont have room service since there is not restaurant, and no bell boy, and no in site dry cleaning, but they do have Dry Cleaning service in the morning and comes back the same day. But aside from that, they are way above any full service hotel. Even the Embassy Suites in the same area needs to have these little perks that the Staybridge offers. The front desk agents are very helpful and will do anything in their power to make any stay great. They are actually very bubbly and greatly helpful.

Give them a try, once and you are going to want to go back yet again!!!!
and please be reasonable when making requests, and if you go to the Front Desk or their managers with your issues, you are going to see how great these guys will make your stay even better!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I arrived at the Staybridge and it does look fairly new. As I got into my room, I noticed that it didn't resemble a typical Staybridge room. There was no eating area or chairs. I am guessing I received the Studio room. After accepting that fact, it seemed that all the little items that makes this place a more comfortable place to stay was missing. Even the soap to wash dishes (which other locations have provided at no charge) was missing. From the room features as stated on their website, the following were not offered: morning paper delivered to room, CD player, DVD player, icemaker in refridgerator. These items were available at other locations. Luckily, I didn't bring any DVDs to watch. It is also stated that high speed internet is available, but it was extremely slow. You can forget about same day dry cleaning much less dry cleaning pickup. I had stained my shirt and needed it to get dry cleaned, but when I asked the front desk about getting it cleaned, they only offered me places to take it to.

If you want to stay at a place that has a comfortable bed to lay in at night, then this place will do just fine. But if you're needing all the other perks and services from a full service hotel, then I would stay away from this one.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Zeetamu
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I arrived 9/21 and am staying in this hotel now - the family in the room above me has been jumping around like a herd of elephants all night and no one answered the hotel's front desk. I just went down to breakfast and it appears that most of the hotel staff is sitting down eating, so consequently, some of the breakfast items are out (no creamer, no fruit) and the breakfast area itself is quite messy (sugar spilled everywhere, some sticky substance on counter that my napkin got stuck to, food on floor). In addition, the elevator near my room is out of service.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank biz_travlr007
Reviewed May 29, 2009

The hotel just opened earlier this year (2009) - it is clean and new, the rooms are large and well appointed (we stayed in the one bedroom suite, which is slighly larger than the regular suite, but worth the extra $10 a night to us). The staff was fantastic, friendly, helpful - can't say enough good things about them. Sonia Garza, the director of sales, was there every day, always greeted us with a smile, always ready to help in any way. The location is great for just about anything - across the street from the country club, very close to the airport, and very close to all shopping. Breakfast was included and although it did not feature 'cooked to order' items, they did have fresh scrambled eggs and bacon daily, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt - truly a step up from competing hotel chains. I will definetely choose this hotel again the next time I visit McAllen.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I travel to Mc Allen / Brownsville one to two times per month. I have been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, (great place) but due to the promotions for points at the Priority Club brands, I have moved some of my business. I like this location enough that I would continue to stay here, as it has become my new favorite, but unfortunately Staybridge Suites only gets 1/2 the points of other Priority Club Brands. I was here for three nights on business.

Overall this Staybridge Suites is at the top of its game. The lobby is welcoming and comfortable. There is a nice TV area with couches, breakfast area, a separate “living room”, and business center. In the business center only one PC is hooked up to the printer but otherwise it is nice. There is also a small “convenience store” on site for some basics.

Breakfast is a not fancy but sufficient. Coffee, fruit, oatmeal, juice, sodas, limited breads, make your own waffles, an egg dish and a meat dish. Nothing fancy but plenty. They also an evening reception three nights per week (Tue – Thurs) with a light meal, snacks beer, wine, and soda. If they had this reception nightly this brand would far surpass Embassy Suites by Hilton.

The rooms are always nice, crisp, and clean. It is evident that this hotel is rather new. I was in a one bedroom suite. They also have studio suites. The main difference in the one bedroom is that room is a bit larger and there is a door closes off the bedroom from the living room. Beds are comfortable and the climate control system is excellent. There was no road noise at this location as it is well off the main street. The rooms are well lit and all have HDTV’s. Rooms also have a fridge, microwave, sink, and utensils.

The location is a central easy drive to most business activities in Mc Allen, is located across from a mall and only minutes from the airport. There are a few dining options within walking distance and dozens of choices within 3 miles or so.

The outdoor pool is welcoming and has a hot tub. The exercise room is large, but is very limited in its offerings. (Three treadmills and one exercise bike, that’s it.)

Staff was friendly and welcoming but not overbearing.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business