“perfect deal for a week away from home”

Staybridge Suites McAllen
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
“perfect deal for a week away from home”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

nice, clean and spaciuos room. great housekeeping, nice kitchen appliances.. gym is not the top thing, but enough for me at least.. breakfast and pre-dinner buffet are awesome! definitively i am coming back in this hotel in my next trips in mcallen. i think this hotel is also the newest hotel in the area. perfectly located a few mins away from the airport.. i stayed here for a whole week. laundry services are the best "plus" if you have to stay away for so long.. bravo, bravo, bravo. i had a nice suite at the second floor, no noise coming from the upper stories, no noise from the housekeeping when i slept on saturday afternoon to recover from jetlag. i feel i can suggest these to all customers visiting our plant in reynosa. nice, clean and spaciuos room. great housekeeping, nice kitchen appliances.. perfectly located a few mins away from the airport. i believe they can improve the gym area a little bit. there is only threadmills and one bench.. on busy days this will not be enough. everybody was very kind and wellmannered. especially the house keeping ladies. lots of smile and burnos dias everymorning. i am writing this from inside the hotel at the pre dinner buffet. this place is my favourite hotel in mcallen. bravo bravo bravo..

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Great feedback and we are so glad to hear that you feel like this is your home away from home. We definitely like hearing our guests say they will return to our hotel on their next trip to McAllen and then go on and write a nice summary like this one. I understand your frustration with the size of the gym and we have tried to add different types of equipment for guest use and just cannot find the space based on the size of the room. We did add the free weights recently to try and enhance the gym experince and we know that not everyone is a weight lifter, but we do want to provide as much as we can for our guest's. Again, thank you for the positive feedback on your most recent stay and we have already discussed your response with our staff and they too are very appreciative.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staybridge in general has become one of my choice properties for business travel. Of course it’s not the same as staying in an Intercontinental or Crowne Plaza, but it’s not supposed to be. I always enjoy full service hotels, but I also like Staybridge’s change of pace – especially when my stay isn’t when the kids are out of school. I like extended stay hotels for several reasons: I can rest assured that the housekeeping staff will respect the do not disturb sign on my door so I can leave my stuff on the bathroom counter without it being picked up and placed on a washcloth, and if I leave the TV remote on the bedside table it’s still there when I come back after my business day. Plus, I’m tired of Holiday Inn Express’s “famous” cinnamon rolls. Now don’t get me wrong. I still stay at Holiday Inn Express on reward nights because I don’t use as many points as in other IHG properties, but for business travel it isn’t quite as appealing any more. Staybridge has a much broader variety on the breakfast buffet, has very nice evening receptions, and the rooms are spacious.

Now about this particular property. I’ve stayed several times at the McAllen Staybridge Suites. It is a very nice example of a top-notch Staybridge. The staff members are helpful and pleasant, the housekeeping excellent, breakfast fresh and plentiful all the way up to the “closing” time, and the evening receptions are well-tended and quite good. This hotel is relatively quiet even though it is near the airport and is close to a very nice shopping mall. There are many restaurants nearby although none are within easy walking distance. Wireless internet is free and is generally fast enough by hotel standards. The internet password is a little lengthy for a hotel though, making the whole daily re-log in process a little tedious. I don’t even try to use the hotel wireless on my iPhone because it won’t keep me logged in. (Seriously, is there really a need for a complicated password at a hotel?!)

I will absolutely return to this property, and can recommend it to other travelers without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for that great response. That is very candid feed back and we like that from our current and previous guests. On the internet password I agree with you it was too long and very frustrating to manage, so we now have a much shorter password and not anywhere near as confusing. Thank you again for all of your great feedback on not only your experience with our hotel in McAllen, but with IHG properties in general. See you next time!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great property and absolutely wonderful staff
I travel every other week. The stay at this hotel was obviously different from the first moment in the hotel. Every staff was extremely courteous, kind and would go out of their way to please.

The rooms were perfect, the food, happy hour and location were all way above my expectations.

You will not be disappointed staying at this property.

Three cheers to the manager, staff and housekeeping.

Room Tip: Stay at this location, you will really enjoy yourself.-no kidding.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Great news and thank you for that wonderful feedback. It's really nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their time away from home and found it to be very comfortable and warming while staying with us. From all of us here at the Staybridge Suites a big thank you and we'll see you soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I travel constantly for business, love the Staybridge chain, and stayed in this hotel last month. The breakfast was often out of basic items. I had to ask for a bowl to put cereal in. The free "dinner" was late in being set up all three days I went down. The menu did not match the one on the schedule in my room and the hostess did not prepare enough food for the crowd. For example, one evening, she appeared to have made two dozen cookies, total. When food was taken, it was not replenished either at all or not timely. The wi-fi user id was unbelievably long, the password not easy to remember and I seemed to be constantly logging back in. The location is nice on a quiet street down from the country club. The desk staff was pleasant and the room clean, but the buffet and wi-fi experience so annoying, I am reluctant to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Plan to be assertive if you want basic breakfast items.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for this very important feedback with your personal experience at our hotel. I want to apologize for all of the items you listed in your customer response and I hope you understand that this is not the norm for our hotel. We have a great opportunity to take this information back to our staff and learn from these mistakes. We will be better prepared and service ready, starting today and going forward in to the future thanks to your feedback. I sure hope that on your next visit to McAllen you could reconsider not staying with us and give us another opportunity to change your mind about this past experience. Hopefully you can allow us to make you a believer in the Staybridge Suites again. If you like, I would be open to discussing the matter and any future reservations with you via phone or email. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts about your hotel experince.
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for over a month and have not had any problems. The accomadations are great! The free laundry is very convenient, the complimentary breakfast is always good, and the complimentary dinner tuesday through thursday is also a plus. The staff is always friendly and willing to help you with whatever you need. I haven't met one rude employee here. All common rooms are clean and inviting. The suites are very spacious and modern looking!! Cleaning service is very good. The manager always makes sure everything is going well with your stay during the social hour. The location is perfect!!!! It is in a nice area, central to great restaurants, the mall, and the airport.

Overall, this place and staff are very hospitable. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for those kind comments. We appreciate your feedback and we will gladly share your hotel experience with our entire staff so they know what kind of impact they have when interracting with anyone at the hotel. We hope to see you soon and thank you.
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for a week after moving from another hotel that was so unsatisfactory. I really wanted a fully equipped kitchenette and this suited our needs. The rooms were clean, although there were some black mold in the bathroom grout so I asked to be moved to another room which happened without any problem. The air conditioning vent was very dusty. I asked for it to be cleaned as I had a newborn with me. The maintenance person never showed up even after calling the front desk four different times. The free on-site laundry was a real plus, although the machines need some upkeep.

The front desk staff and the person in charge of the meals (breakfast and dinner) were all excellent. They were all very friendly and made us feel welcome.

The hotel is also very close to the airport, the mall, restaurants, and the highway. It's very convenient. It is next to the McAllen Country Club so it is in a nice area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedack, it is absolutely the information we need to continue improving our cleanliness and service. I want to apologize for the cleanliness issues that you experienced during your stay and the inexcusable delay in our staff's response to guest needs. Our team strives to thouroughly inspect all guest rooms on a daily basis and we always try to avoid the new guest from finding anything that is not clean or signs of a previous guest. Communication is very important in our day to day operations and I am disappointed that we did not respond to your Maintenance request in a timely manner. Once again thank you for your time and overall assessment of your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2012

was out there for a month and a half trainning for my new job had a great stay the mgr sonja was very friendly and staff was amazing. Love the dinner yall have from 5-7 and the fitness room was also great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Staybridge_620, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McAllen, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and most importantly thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites for you extended stay visit. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to enjoy our hotel amenties and staff members.