$105
Doubletree.com
$76
Homewood
Super 8 by Wyndham McAllen/Downtown(McAllen)(Great Value!)
$50
Wingate by Wyndham McAllen(McAllen)(Great Value!)
$71
$73
$101
Studio 6 McAllen(McAllen)(Great Value!)
$46
$39
$45
Hampton.com
All reviewslight mealfront desksocial hourmini kitchenhousekeeping staffliving areabreakfast buffetevery morningthe rio grande valleyairportcouchmallperkssodasrgvcheckin
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Where to start...I have so much to say about this place.

I was in McAllen for a week-long business trip when I stayed at this hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that's on business. The patrons of this hotel is a good mix of some families and mostly business. Because there are so many people from all over the place, you get to meet a lot of interesting people.

The rooms are very nice. The TV is modern, there's a couch and the tub is perfect for a warm soak after a long day. The rooms feature a full kitchen which is very nice because eating at restaurants gets old really quick. The daily breakfast is very good. It was a pleasant surprise to find that the hotel hosts a evening meal three times a week with beer and wine. They even had green beer on St. Patrick's Day!

The staff of this hotel is extremely accommodating. I extended my stay at the last minute and they made sure that I didn't have to change rooms. The woman that works in the kitchen goes out of her way to make you comfortable.

I will definitely stay here again if I have to work in McAllen in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Lch86
Reviewed December 28, 2010

This hotel has rewritten the definition of Customer service!!!! From Mike Granados at the front desk to the Sales Manager Sonia, when in McAllen your search for the perfect hotel ends here. I walk in the door and dont say a word and they have everything ready to go for me right away.

These people always put their guests and their guests total comfort above everything else. They dont have the word "no" in their vocabulary.

The amenities are just as fabulous as the people that run this fantastic establishment.

I said it once and I will say it again, when your in McAllen your hotel search ends right here!!!!

Wonderful people and a fantastic hotel.

Great job people!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I felt uncomfortable to let the staff in at times to clean my room because they were absolutely terrified of my puppy. A puppy come on now!! I mean if the place is going to welcome pets than they should absolutely question workers or staff if they feel comfortable around pets. It was almost embarrassing at how they would respond to my pet sometimes. I was at home with the puppy 24/7 also and I would make sure to take the puppy out when they would come in or put her in her crate. I have never met anyone who is terrified of puppies until my stay here and that made us not feel welcome at all. Our puppy is potty trained and does not chew or destroy anything in the room...I think hotels should really think about hiring staff who accepts pets. The cleaning staff also did not speak english so this made it even harder to talk to them!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank soccer614
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This was my third stay at a Staybridge Hotel. My stay here will be for three months. This hotel is off the main street but within a very short walk (one block) to shopping and restuarants. Since I travel for business, I stay in hotels that are clean, have good Internet connections, and give good service. Good breakfast, decent snack 3 nights. The Sales Manager, Sonia, asked me often if everything was ok with my stay. She was genuinely interested. I would definitely stay here agian.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This hotel is as excellent as the reviews preceding mine indicate! We were in town for a single night to pack up and move our daughter, so I wasn't looking for atmosphere, just clean and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised at how cozy and attractive were the lobby area (leather sofas, big stone fireplace) and our room. Our room in particular was lovely - contemporary style and fabric for the bed linens (no grandmotherly floral quilted bedspread!), nicely appointed kitchenette and bathroom. The sink/counter area was large and outside the shower/toilet area which is good for two people getting ready in the morning.

Excellent location - across the street from a golf course, which I'm sure helped keep the neighborhood noise down; a few blocks from upscale (but still chain) stores and at least 10 restaurants; and less than a mile from Highway 83. I was surprised to hear my daughter say it was right next to the McAllen airport, since we never heard any airplane noise in the parking lot or in our room.

There is an extensive breakfast which we didn't sample due to our time schedule, although we did grab a piece of fruit and coffee and juice for the road. Weekend breakfasts are supposed to start at 7:30 am but they had everything out by at least 7:15, if not earlier.

We stayed at the Renaissance de Palmas on a previous trip to experience its charming style but after that once, the Staybridge Suites would be my hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple