“Great Value for your money”

BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
Brainerd, United States
“Great Value for your money”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel while we were here on business. The rooms were very clean, staff nice. We stayed in a suite and was very happy with the amount of space. The pool was nice, a little cloudy. The breakfast was very nice, eggs and potatoes, bacon and pancakes. There was also fruit cups, and cereal and juice/coffee. We will definitely be staying again here. Best value in the Valley!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Schertz, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The breakfast is the best of any hotel I have stayed at and is well worth the price of admission. Although, the grass trimmers seem to love to work between midnight and 2 AM causing the loud sound of weed eaters and mowers that may disturb little ones, and some large trucks cause noise at night from the surrounding businesses. Also, if you stay downstairs you will hear the people above walking around. Worth the stay if you can overlook these, if you have little ones you may want to look around for a less noisy area. Bring your own CAT cable for internet and the port is on the phone box!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2013

As a Best Western employee I myself have stayed at several best westerns. I have to say this hotel is worth the buck. Went to McAllen for the fathers day weekend with my family..and had a very pleasant stay. Even during a holiday weekend..I still got a good rate. Thanks..Luis. Our room was very clean, quiet and right by the pool..which the kids loved. Only thing is our room didn't come with a microwave or fridge, which didn't really matter because we ate out majority the time. But, I guess if one did want, be sure to ask. Although the beds were quite comfy they didn't seem like queens, but more like full sizes. On the other hand..breakfast was great. Not your typical best western breakfast at all. It consisted of fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, cooked potatoes, refried beans, biscuits, pancakes, pastries, cereals, coffee, juices, and much more..! Overall we enjoyed our stay and recommend it..and most definitely will be back.

Room Tip: No elevators..so if you don't like stairs ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alice, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for the memorail day weekend. checked into my room which was very nice and had adequate lighting. Room had a king size bed, very comfortable, 40" TV, which had quite a few channels that were fuzzy. My room did not have a fridge or microwave, which they should have offered an upgrade when i checked in or i should have asked. Bathroom was small, but it did have a great shower. Plenty of parking and thats unusual for most hotels today. Had the breakfast saturday, and it was good except the bacon was in pieces and not in strips.Overall great stay!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the east side of hotel or second floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cds72
Rochester
Reviewed April 24, 2013

great place. clean,friendly lounge,friendly staff. only thing I could say bad is the hot food at breakfast was fairly spicy and left my wife disapointed.the pool area is convenient to all rooms and kept very clean. front desk staff were very helpful in finding places to eat and shop. great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Somerville, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2013

In McAllen to visit relatives and stayed at the Best Western Rose garden Inn. Our room was average in size but quite comfortable. The beds were comfortable and fairly new. I was disappointed in the bathtub because I am short (5'2") and had a hard time climbing into it. The safety handle was on the far side of the tub down low to help one get out of the tub from a sitting position but did noting to help me get in to shower. Another thing...it took about 5 minutes to get hot water in the morning for my shower. I almost gave up before it began to warm. The office staff was super but my complaint is with the breakfast. They had a scrambled egg omelet with I ham in it. I explained that I was allergic to pork and could I have just plain scrambled eggs. I was told that there were no more eggs and that was all they had. Ok...how about a bagel......no bagels! So I had a cold biscuit that I split and put in the toaster because there was no microwave! Along with my biscuit I had refried beans and some hash brown type potatoes seasoned with jalapenos and onions. Not bad had they been hot. I noticed that the little warmer under each one was not on... probably because they did not want that huge batch of eggs scorching. It was only 8:am and they had a couple more hours to serve. I kept wondering if we early risers were getting the barely warm food to save it and heat later for the late risers. Anyway....I was not amused!!! Over-all the stay was Ok just not what I had expected. NOTE to out of state travelers......potatoes were spicy because of the peppers be careful of the first bite. We like them that way here in Texas but it might surprise others especially the kids!

Room Tip: Take a room as far from the freeway as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank houtexgirl47
Laredo, Texas, Usa
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My stay was awesome, and will come back next week to stay again, I will let more co-workers about this great experainced. fiest, the room was like new as a pin, the restroom and bath super cleaned! this hotel is great to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business