See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The location was great but they really need to fix their a/c units. The place looks run down but I could live with that or so I thought. As soon as we got in the room it was really hot and we told the man cleaning the room but he said to give it a few minutes to cool down and if it didn't for us to call the front desk so we can get a new room. Well we just dropped off our stuff and went shopping. When we came back our room were still very hot so I called the front desk and the lady said she couldn't change us to a new room because they had just booked their last room five minutes ago. She said she would call a maintenance man to come and fix it. Well my husband and I took off again to eat dinner and when we came back our room was hotter than ever. It was cooler outside than in that room. We went back to the front desk and a different lady said she just had to turn on a switch because they could control the temperature from there. We believed her and went back to our room. When we headed to our room, we saw two ladies who looked like prostitutes being guarded by men, go into one of the rooms. A man stayed outside to guard I guess and tracked us as we went to our room. Our sense of security was gone at that point. I remembered the review that said crack hotel and felt bad for not listening to them. We barricaded our door just in case and had to take 3 showers that night just to stay cool. The a/c unit started working at 5 in the morning but by that time we were almost going to check out. When we left at 7 in the morning I told the lady our a/c didn't work until that morning and she said I should have told her so she could move us to another room. At that time I told her we were told there were no other rooms available. She just looked at me and didn't know what to say. We left and will never be staying in any La Copa Inn's ever based on how our attempts at fixing this problem never got resolved and the lack of sense of security.

Date of stay: September 2013
5  Thank Irene M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

One of the most terrible hotels I've stayed in. Found out later that they are known as a prostitution hotel, they charge by they hour, and definitely full of drug addicts. I would definitely not recommend or stay here again.

Room tip: There are no good rooms
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a nice stay, the room was more than affordable, the pool big and cold and refreshing. Breakfast had a distctly Mexican flair (offerin tortillas instead of biscuits and salsa instead of ketchup) . The price astoundingly low. We were told by the desk clerk that she had one room where the TV didn't work for about 30%less than the rest! We snagged that up. We didn't go to the border to watch TV lol!

Room tip: Rooms by the pool have a better view
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Even the Motel 6 costs more. Of course the place shows signs of age and lack of cosmetic update. what do you expect for around $35/night? Staff was friendly and attentive. Bed comfortable. Everything worked especially the A/C on a 100 degree day. Excellent location close to restaurants, shopping and medical/hospital. Pool is postage stamp size.

Date of stay: June 2011
1  Thank GranPena
Reviewed December 14, 2009

My wife and I stayed here, and chose the hotel based on TripAdvisor. I feel therefore it is my obligation to inform that we were disappointed, as we found the room to be dirty and sorely in need of a clean, or a renovation. The location is great, this is true, close to the mall, but we would rather stay at a newer hotel further away next time.

Date of stay: March 2009