“No More Pub for us”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
mission, tx
“No More Pub for us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Four of us went to the Pub on 2/16/13 for a late lunch. When we came in we were the only people there. The decor is beautiful but the restaurant is definitely not Irish. The menu is Mexican and some Italian. The lunch menu is small and expensive. Ten dollars for a hambuger and a few fries. If you want onions on your hamburger; it's $1.50 extra. It took almost an hour to get our food (three of us ordered hamburgers and the fourth a grilled chicken breast dinner) and when it came instead of the chicken breast dinner the order came as a chicken sandwich so the rest of us had to eat while the person waited for her dinner. She was given a $2.00 discount for the mistake. Another friend ordered a seven and seven and was charged $8.00 for a very weak drink. We definitely will not go back or recommend it to friends.

1 Thank robewisconsin

Farmington, Arkansas
“Let Down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Visiting McAllen....went for early business dinner....only a few tables occupied so would expect great service but it was not very attentive. High end prices don't match the lapses in service. One guest ordered octopus which he said was good but delivered 10 minutes after the rest of our meals. Silverware wrapped in a paper napkin with a cheap band on it like Cracker Barrel is not what you expect when steak price is $32.00. This place has a mixed mission and confused as to whether it is a pub or a dinner venue. There are too many choices here....will not be a do over for me and suspect this place will not survive.

Rancho Viejo, TX
“Excellent late lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect with the reviews I had read. We went during the afternoon and took advantage of the weekday specials from 1-3. We had ribeye steaks, baked potatoes and steamed veggies for $9.99 each. Everything was cooked perfectly. Our service was excellent, the waiter very friendly and knowledgable of the food and beverages offered. We chose a dessert, along the lines of a banana foster (that may or may not have been the name of it). Not only was it good, but the showmanship was fun and entertaining. The prices are higher in the evenings, but you can take advantage of some of the same types of dishes during this afternoon special. The restaurant is beautiful. The waiter also informed us of other specials such as half-priced beer from 4-8 during the week...maybe 4-6, but definitely starts at 4...and live music on the weekends.

Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No plug for The Pub”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I took my wife to the Pub Steakhouse. It recently opened and we were celebrating Valentines day. Place was drafty, service slow, waiters spoke Spanish well but English poorly. My steak was chewy and my wifes fish was dry. It took us two hours to get out of the place. For a $70 tab, I was expecting much more. Glad I checked it out and off our list.

1 Thank TJ c
Eagle River, Wi
“Pass on this one.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I dined here on 2/15/13. When you walk in it appears to be a high end restaurant, but I was unpleasantly surprised. Our uniformed waiter spoke minimal english and we could not understand each other. I ordered the T-bone for $32.00 and my wife ordered spaghetti with meat sauce for $10.99. The waiter brought us four dinner rolls and another small plate that held 2 minute butterballs. I asked for more butter and he said "yes sir" but then promptly forgot and didn't return. The next time he walked by I waived him down and asked for the butter. This time he brought another small plate with 3 tiny butterballs on it. He also brought my house salad that came with the steak. He had only given me two choices for dressing (house or thousand island). I think they probably had additional choices but those were the only ones he could remember.
He then brought our meals. My wife got a huge helping of spaghetti and she said it was very good. But my steak was another thing. He brought out what appeared to be a rib steak. He asked me if I wanted him to take it back. I said "No, because I wanted to eat with my wife. I didn't want to eat my steak after she was finished with her meal." I then asked to see the manager. The manager came and told me they had mistakenly served me a bone in rib-eye but they would not charge me extra because it was a more expensive steak. When I heard that I figured it wasn't going to pay to the matter any further so I ate about half the steak, paid the bill and we left. I could only eat half of it because I had ordered the steak cooked medium and it was served rare. We will not be returning to the Pub.

1 Thank lbwiskey