“Will Return!”
Review of Miyagi - CLOSED

Miyagi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 10, 2012

DH and I ate at Miyagi a few days ago. We wanted to try something new, as we usually go out for sushi to either Kumori or Kato. Upon entering, we realized we were the only diners there, which could either be a good thing (excellent service) or a bad thing (horrible food). Thankfully, we discovered the former, and had the charming waitress, Alana, all to ourselves.
We ordered Avocado Spring Rolls, a Monkey Salad (I forgot the full name, sorry), the Pad Thai, and the Sexy Lady Roll. Each was served beautifully, a visual delight. The Avocado Spring Rolls were made-to-order, we found out from Alana, and were crispy and quite large, they could be almost an entree itself. The Monkey Salad had that wonderful creamy ginger/mayo dressing that I love. And finally, the pièce de resistance, the Sexy Lady Roll, was delivered to the table, and I must, say, I will be back for this roll again. Alana served it with three types of gourmet sesame seeds, and three different dipping sauces. Scrumptious! DH' s Pad Thai was peanutty and filled with chunks of beef, chicken, and shrimp along with the traditional noodles.
I was disappointed at the end of the meal that I had no room for the dessert, fried cheesecake balls. Sounds delicious! We will make a point of returning especially for that.
If there was any negative, I would add a comment to the owner or manager: turn off the TV and lower the music. Looking at the end of the Titanic movie, knowing Leonardo would soon be swimming with the fishies, did not help my sushi appetite. ;-)

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I can honestly say my experience at Miyagis was a good one. The food is fresh and delicious the service is good , employees friendly, and a nice atmosphere. I recommend Miyagis and will definitely return.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have tried most all sushi bars/ restaurants in town and by far Miyagi has the best quality fish and wide selection of rolls. I had a create your own roll and let me say it was amazing! Portions were very generous for the price. I will definitely be back. Great food, service and ambience.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This same location held a sushi restaurant previously - so there has been some type of reincarnation. On the evening I went, there had been a big storm which blew out their AC so it was hot inside. The only sushi they had was tuna which we ordered - it he rice had a tiny 1/8" of tuna - a sad presentation, The tempura was good but mostly very large pieces of onion rings. The server knew nothing about what was on the menu, the owner/ manager did keep apologizing but did nothing to correct the problems. The tea we ordered was $3.50 for each person. When we got the check, the owner presented us with a hand held unit and informed us we could leave a 15, 20 or 25 percent tip - the check and tip part they seemed to do very well.
They should pay their customers to eat there.

1  Thank daisysma