“Bad experience”

El Callejon de Los Milagros
Ranked #64 of 450 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Never had this kind of bad service in my entire life...took them at least 5 minutes to acknowledge us not to mention 10 minutes for our drinks....did not wait for the food as the service had been terrible...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank sergvi
Edgar R, General Manager at El Callejon de Los Milagros, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
we are very sorry for your bad experience and i really want to apologize for that if you give us the chance i will give you a free lunch on us please give us another opportunity to show you how much we appreciate your business

Edinburg, Texas, United States
“Wonderful atmosphere & food!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I went there tonight with our colleague. We had driven by there once before & decided to try something different for our Friday night. We had made a reservation for 6:00, but none were needed as it was not very crowded at that hour. The restaurant is decorated with really beautiful wall murals depicting Mexican history and culture. Really added a nice touch while we waited for our orders. Vegetarian options are slim, but I opted for the tostadas without black beans (lard is added). However, the chips & salsas served were delicious as were the meals my husband and friend had. Server was very attentive and friendly. The menu seemed to cover fish, beef, and soups. If you are looking for enchiladas this is not the place to go as they are not on the menu. Overall, we really enjoyed our experience. Prices were also reasonable. We definitely will go back in the future.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank thereeds_2704
McAllen, Texas
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place came highly recommend ,however, when we arrived there was a huge party and our waiter was not interested in helping us. I tried to ask the waiter about the dishes but he dismissed us. I read the menu and went by the description. BIG MISTAKE. The presentation was awful. The flavor of the tacos was mediocre. I ate one bite,and decided not to continue eating the taco. You may be wondering why I didnot send them back. Simple the wait staff didnot come by for refills or to see if we needed anything. Besides waiting again for something else. who has that kind of time?The waiter asked why I had not finished my food and I said I did not like the flavor. His brilliant theory was because This IS A TRUE MEXICAN RESTARUANT,and i may be ignorant of true mexican flavor. Just in case your wondering, I KNOW MEXICAN FOOD. I have eaten all over MEXICO and IM Hispanic.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank B h
Edgar R, Manager at El Callejon de Los Milagros, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear customer i'm so sorry for the experience that you had at our place and i would like to directly apologize to you for the inconvenience I hope you reconsider and come back soon, we have been working very hard on our kitchen and wait staff to make all our customers feel at home
Edinburg, Texas
“Great place for Mexican food”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

When we arrived we were greeted and escorted to our table promptly. We ordered margaritas and given ample time look over the menu. The margaritas were very good and the menu had a very good selection. We were served complimentary chips, salsa and carne desebrada (meat sauce) all which were very tasty. Next we ordered guacamole and it was very generously served. We ordered another margarita and decided on the beef and chicken parrillada. The beef fajitas were cooked medium as we we ordered, tender and seasoned to perfection. The corn tortillas were not homemade but good nevertheless. The parrillada was generously served and we had to ask for a doggy bag for the left overs . We did not have room for dessert, oh well, maybe next time.

Great friendly service and reasonable prices. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes good authentic Mexican Food. I will certainly return and recommend this restaurant to all my friends.

• Visited October 2012