“Good food & decor but high prices”
Review of La Ricova Restaurante - CLOSED

La Ricova Restaurante
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I took my family here after a recital. The atmosphere is upscale, but the new owners have done nothing to distinguish it from the previous owners' hipster concept. The food is good and wait staff are attentive and helpful, but the prices are very high. Unfortunately, there are so many medium priced restaurants in the area that offer mediocre food and terrible wait service. You have to pay Recova prices to get a decent dining experience in the RGV. My verdict is a cut above for the valley, but compared to dining offerings in any big city -- meh.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Pure artistry in ambiance, decor, cuisine & service. Stopped in for a appletini while I was waiting for my daughter to finish up a school project, but I couldn't help myself. The menu was packed with temptations and the service staff was beyond delightful!!! From the bartender who clearly loves the art of mixing drinks to a lovely sommelier who wasnt at all appalled that I choose my wine based on whether or not I love the label. What an unexpected and delightful experience. Live music... Lauvve!!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Excellent service, food and even a place outside to enjoy a cigar! The beef here is the star. Menu can be on the expensive side so to try it go to happy hour. The parrillada is only available during happy hour and it is excellent!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

On a whim, the wife and I stopped in and enjoyed an exceptional meal; tops in McAllen for atmosphere, service, and food (both quality and quantity). Expensive but worth it. Definitely on the list for special occassions.

1  Thank William H
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Service worked with our party of 11. We had family for holidays from NYC & Florida from 2yrs old & had something on the menu to everyone taste..Ofcourse majority went to taste Argentina well known churassco.
Usually have no issue taking children out to nice restaurants but this restaurant has spiral pilar in center of many wine selections & to childrens reach so wouldn't recommend with small kids bcuz spent half evening making sure kids stayed away.
Food was great! Never seen Octupus prepared that way..liked the presentation of the platter.