All reviews sized fridge joel towels mexico panos mall shopping internet
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have stayed here for several years now, usually in Jan and/or Feb. You get a good-sized studio apartment with a kitchen area that includes a real refrigerator, so making meals is fairly easy. The beds were comfortable and the room was relatively clean. In past years the wi-fi was somewhat dicey, but this year it was much better. We did have a minor problem with the plumbing, and it was attended to and fixed within ten minutes. It is very close to a mall and to a large hospital.

For extended stays, 30 days or more, the price is very reasonable, and also, under Texas law, there are no taxes added, which saves an additional 15%.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bern666
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I would not call this place nice, or well-maintained. The air conditioner struggled to keep the room cool (upper 90's outdoors). The floor in the kitchen area of the suite was in horrible condition, filthy grout (why on earth do they put grouted tile in a hotel in the first place!), and the grout was missing -it was awful. The carpeting was dirty with stained spots. The cooking pot and pans provided were in horrible condition -I had to buy a saucepan to cook with. The refrigerator churned all night long. Also, I could hear a couple yelling at each other when I was trying to go to sleep -I had to leave my tv on with lowered volume, so that I could sleep without hearing the shouting. On the flip side: the bedding was clean, the towels were thin but clean.
The room itself was odor-free. For the price it is not that bad, I have certainly paid more for much worse. This was tolerable because I was trying to save a few dollars.

Room tip: really? shop around, preview rooms at other, nearby hotels, then decide what is a good value for you.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank wrktravelr
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Studio 6, McAllen Texas for 1 month. The exterior and interior public areas are welcoming, attractive in appearance and well maintained. Our room was comfortable, clean and fully equipped. Full size refrigerator, micro, 2 burner stove, table chairs, soft seating and the beds were like sleeping on a cloud. The staff from reception to custodial couldn't have been more friendly, or efficient. Our needs were met in a timely fashion. All this for a very low cost. Excellent shopping and restaurants are in walking distance. Thank you Studio 6 you helped make our vacation very enjoyable.
Bob & Joe-Anne Easton
Lake Chapala, Mexico

Room tip: both the 3rd and 1st floors were equally quiet and comfortable, non-smoking rooms 1st floor had 3 or 4 choices for exiting the building, close to parking lot for less walking with parcels, luggage etc. bright, clean laundry room on site
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeAnne684
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Recently my brother underwent a heart bypass. We needed inexpensive lodging for for three weeks. Thank god we found Studio 6, as their name implies - studio rooms with kitchenet.

The staff was terrffic, all memorable good people, Anthony, Jainie, Joe, David, and Rossie.

I Recommend this place highly as you can see by the rating.

G. Kinsey.

Room tip: Check in before weekend around here.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank g k
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Thank you studio 6 for a great deal and pleasant stay...I checked in late and gentleman by the name of Anthony ( has great customer service ).... I will be coming back in the near future

Date of stay: June 2012