“Lovely food, out of this world atmosphere”

The Patio on Guerra
Reserve with OpenTable
The Patio on Guerra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 464 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Patio on Guerra is a family owned restaurant serving prime steaks and seafood in the ambiance of a 100 year old building. Dining is hosted in both the indoor dining room as well as the beautiful outdoor patio for lunch and dinner. The outdoor patio also hosts live music on the weekends with contemporary jazz featured on Fridays and tropical salsa on Saturdays. There is a fully equipped private room that seats up to 65 guests and is readily available to accommodate business meetings and social events. Our staff looks forward to serving you and helping make your dining experience memorable.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

delicious food, amazing decor. Generous portions of food. The restaurant was aware of our time restrictions and worked with our schedule

3  Thank Jen S

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Now open for lunch! Enjoyed a lovely lunch with girlfriends in a quiet atmosphere just perfect for our multiple conversations. Our delicious meals were each served with pretty presentaions.

3  Thank Rosalie1836
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I love the food and service because the food is fresh and the service is great! The outside patio is the bomb! with music to dance and have a great time!

1  Thank Eva G
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were at the Patio for a business dinner. We had been there in January and were highly anticipating our meals on this visit. We started off by ordering a bottle of white and red wines. Both were not available. We ordered a second red wine which was not available. At this point a person who was not our server approached the table and presented a bottle of wine and told us that it was from the same wine maker, and vintage. It was uncomfortable. He did not introduce himself and just presented a bottle of wine in my face and asked me to try it. It was a nice wine but I did not ask the price because I was intimidated by the situation in front of my associates. Luckily the cost of the bottle was in line with the one originally ordered. Our bottle of white wine was not the one I ordered but I was presented with it to taste without explanation. Once again I worried if I was paying more than I ordered, but after reviewing the bill it was the same cost. We ordered a couple appetizers and entree's. Most of us ordered the Chateaubriand Tenderloin and everyone was happy with the cooked temperature and flavor. Our waitress was not engaged with our group at all. She took our order and delivered the food. It was almost like we were just a job she had to do and did not care if we liked our food, or if it was cooked properly, etc.
Overall there are many options for fine dining in McAllen that we have not explored so I will highly recommend trying them out rather than returning to the Patio.

3  Thank sket101
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Patio is an excellent steakhouse with great decor and impeccable service. We had a party of 6 people and everyone had their meal prepared to their order.