All reviews front desk shopping mall international airport comfortable beds making me feel mini fridge and microwave water pressure a nice place to stay waffles parking lot pleasure of staying excellent customer service walking distance night stay first floor omelet continental breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

It's a great hotel! We stayed for two nights with our kids. Only reason it's getting a 4 star is because breakfast could be a little better. Other than that it's clean inside & out, beds are comfy, and employees were nice & helpful during our stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
belirios, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Perez, thank you so much for your nice comments. I'm glad you enjoyed our new renovated rooms and thank you for recognizing our friendly staff. I'll pass your comments on your concerns about breakfast.

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

The Wingate by Wyndham in McAllen Texas is by far one of the best hotels my company has put me up in. There is a beautiful pool in a semi-enclosed patio, a gym, and even a small store with snacks and necessities you may have forgotten or couldn't fly with. The daily breakfast is good: eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, oatmeal, fruit, bagels - the list goes on. Laura always greets me with a smile and wishes me a good morning, her friendly attitude and good breakfast helps to start the day off right. The rooms are large and updated with Samsung Smart TVs (though not connected to the Internet) and the bathrooms have defogger built into the mirrors! I did have an issue with the toilet handle being broken and allowing the toilet to run constantly, but Marco fixed it as soon as it was made aware of it. The room is always clean as new when I get back from work, Esperanza Ponce does an excellent job in making me feel at home.
I want to give special recognition to Alma Cavazos for greeting me at 2 in the morning when I happened to wake up. She saw me get a cup of coffee and told me she'd brew a new pot. I said it was not necessary, but she brought me a fresh cup while I was sitting out front smoking a cigarette. Her pleasant attitude definitely made my day start off right.
The hotel also offers happy hour on Wednesday nights, free beers and veggies with dip and nachos. It is nice, but I have stayed in hotels that have had more to offer during their happy hour and offered it multiple days a week. Still, great experience to get a beer and snack after work.

Trip type: Traveled on business
belirios, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Hello Brandon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write positive comments about our Wingate Hotel and our staff. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay here at Wingate Hotel. Thank you so much for recognizing my staff. Our guest is our Wingate family

Reviewed April 14, 2019

I stayed at the Wingate due to circumstances at a different chain down the street. Despite my stay being short, the hotel was super clean, excellent staff, the omelette made to order at breakfast was a great way to start the day. Would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
belirios, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Thank you Mike for your positive comments. I'm so happy you had a great stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

As seasonal visitors to the Rio Grande Valley, we lodge at the Wingate by Wyndham conveniently located across the street from the airport on the the day prior to our departure. This season, our flight was cancelled prompting two nights at the Wingate. Alma, Brenda, Elizabeth, Harvey, Liz, and Laura and the housekeeping staff are exceptional in customer service! Each is courteous, helpful, professional, friendly, and generous. We are grateful to each of them, and with heartfelt gratitude, we thank them!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
belirios, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Thank so much for your positive comments. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay. We treat our guest like family.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

I am very happy with my stay at windgate. I had to stay for personal reasons. They had my reservation ready and had me a room even though it was not check in time. This is a very friendly and clean place

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
belirios, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review, I'm so happy to hear you had a great stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to McAllen.