Drury Inn & Suites McAllen
  • Room Service
Residence Inn McAllen(McAllen)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewshot dogsolive gardenfree sodahappy hourbiscuits and gravybelgian wafflespool areabusiness tripbeds were comfortablea great staylate checkstay there againfront desk staffyogurthot tubjoeypopcorn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We travelled to the valley to visit my ailing grandparents in Pharr. We have a 4 year old and 3 month old and this place was perfect for us. The breakfast was perfect (enough variety to please a picky 4 year old), and the evening snacks and drinks were just what we needed. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite, and when my husband accidentally broke the button for the jets, they moved us to a two bedroom/two bath suite! And comped the room for the night! Great service, very nice staff...it was a perfect fit, and way cheaper than Embassy Suites. The only con for me was the freeway noise, but being from out of the area, it was great to be close to the action, and hard to get lost!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank abbyjcpc
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed for four days Feb 14-17th. We were shocked at how huge the room was. We had a kitchen, livingroom area, king bed and bath. Kept very clean and loved the friendly staff. Nice free hot breakfast every morning, and good variety too. I also loved the free pop and popcorn available most all day and night. Between 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. you had free hot snacks and drinks. We were seldom there to take advantage of it though. Right next to Olive Garden and other nice restaurants. Free use of the computer was helpful too. Quiet and well kept. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mediaprincess
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Oh my goodness this hotel was the greatest. We came in for a wedding and got a suite since we had 3 adults and a baby. The location was great and there were restaurants everywhere. The room was huge with a full kitchen and even granite tops and I mean huge. They had a great breakfast, free drinks and dinner at night. Although they only had one waffle machine and I had to wait 30 minutes for one. I dont know how these people make money? It was amazing. Now, I left my camera in the kitchen cabinet and called on the way home. I went outside the next morning and it was on my doorstep and they NEVER charged me!!! It got to my house in I0 hours and its a five hour drive. I did tip the housekeeper everyday as all of you should. It pays off. I will always be staying at the drury. The food pays for the room.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank eternalsunshine07
Reviewed December 20, 2006

This is one of the best value hotels you can stay at, especially in McAllen.

It's hard to beat a huge room with a kitchen, as well as free breakfast, free happy hour and free internet.

The hotel is just now starting to show some age, but it's still very clean and the employees were very nice. Due to some business changes, I ended up checking in early and checking out late with no problems. They were very willing to help me with any of my needs.

Although they may not be one of the bigger chains out there, you can't go wrong with what Drury will offer you. If you're in town on business or pleasure in McAllen, this is a great place to be.

• Stayed: December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KKAustin
Reviewed April 1, 2006

Pleasantly surprised for this quick business stay. The friendliest people in the world live in Mcallen and many of them work at the Drury. Large rooms, big kitchen and bath. Perfect for an extended moderately priced business trip. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2006