“Fantastic Night”

House Wine and Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
House Wine and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 464 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: N/A
Description: house. wine. & bistro. offers 130 wines by the glass, bottle or case. Our extensive list of wine features a heterogeneous collection of vintage and contemporary wines from diverse regions. House Wine & Bistro offers a lunch and dinner with a variety of flavors ranging from light and tasty hors d’oeuvres to hearty lunch and dinner fare. house. wine. & bistro. also offers a bridal registry, custom gift baskets, private parties and catering services. House Wine & Bistro can accommodate and host lunch and dinner meetings and of course gift cards are always available. Larry and Jessica enjoy helping to plan the perfect rehearsal dinner, baby shower, office function or intimate evening with friends and family.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We visited this restaurant to celebrate an anniversary and it was wonderful. My husband had the pork burger (which I will be ordering next time) and I had the sausage pasta. We had a great time with a bottle of wine and a full, delicious meal. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I was in Mc Allen for just one night to present a seminar and it had been about 5 years since my last visit. This restaurant was a really nice find with a bistro style, diverse menu with a great wine list .I had the Yahweh salad with grilled chicken and it was well presented and delicious.From the moment you are greeted as you walk in, to the great waitstaff, thee service was excellent!

1  Thank joannreyes
Reviewed June 1, 2014

First we just when because looks really beautiful place, the time we get there was really busy, so we seat at the little bar at the entrance, but we have the best service ever, Brianna was simple the best she recommend very good appetizer, the Garlic Lime Shrimp, if you have the opportunity to visit Mcallen you have to tried, we don't have to wait that much, and we got our table, them we order very special pasta I never try before, was a pasta with Smoked Salmon and spinach also recommended by lovely Brianna, was just delicious.. but this is no the good part, the service, food and price was great, so we come back next day, and Brianna remember exactly what we both of us drink the night before, even I just mention Friday night the restaurant was super pack, and of course we have the great super service again, with Briana and Manuel.. We Love you Brianna and definitely in our next trip to Mcallen we need to go back !! Thank you for so great experience

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I arrived in shorts and a t-shirt with my party. The host at the door did not seem amused by my presence, but we were seated without issue. The table we had was quite warm. Not sure why it was so warm in the back of the restaurant, but it wasn't a major problem. Our sever was very friendly and our wine was good. I enjoyed my appetizer of shrimp, but my main dish was just average.

1  Thank JB101
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went with my wife for her birthday. It was one of the best experience we have had at a restaurant. We had never been and it is a beautiful place. it has a very elegant feel and people dress up. it feels more like a restaurant. The service was amazing and the food was great. My wife and I enjoyed happy hour which doesn't end till 7. It's nice to have a place where you can enjoy fine dining and get the kind of service that should be common place.

1  Thank Ben W