“Nice Hotel at a Convenient Location for a Family Trip”

Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in McAllen
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our first experience at a Hilton Garden Inn. The McAllen hotel is at a convenient location. The hotel faces an open parking lot with an adjacent restaurant. The staff greeted us well and were very helpful. We stayed in a first floor, double-bed room. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The bed was a little stiff for me, but wife and son didn't have a problem with it. The hotel has a breakfast buffet with a good variety and they also had a cook available. Our hotel cost included breakfast so we entered the eating area since there are no signs to wait before being seated. As we were making our way through the buffet, a person with a writing tablet approached and asked for my room #. I was apprehensive at first, but quickly realized he was one of the staff. I told him my room# and he replied with my name and acknowledged that we could continue. I noticed he did this with others and can only recommend they greet people at the entrance to the eating area to verify if they are hotel guests, provide information and address any unwanted concerns. The eating area overlooks a pleasant garden view. We arrived late in the evening and only stayed one night so we didn't get to experience the hotel's other amenities. However, we saw they had a business center with computers for two people at a time. The pool was in the front,left side of the hotel. Overall we had a great experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for staying us and thank you for your kind words as I will be sharing this with my staff. I will also be taking your recommendation and letting my restaurant staff know so they may greet all guest at all times and making sure that everyone is welcomed with a smile. Take care and we hope to serve you again in the furture.

Jaime Estarad

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Hilton Garden in in McAllen is a great place to stay. The whole staff worked hard to make sure that guests are happy with the hotel and the service. For example, the cook makes great breakfast omlets, and the breakfast bar and the restaurant staff are on top of things. Linda at the bar make sure that our beverages were perfect. The GM was around making sure that all was going well, and asking if all was well. The entire hotel staff works hard to please the guests. Thank you to all at the Hilton Garden Inn McAllen.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn staff we would like to thank you for comment and for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to serving you again in the future. Once again thank you and may you a wonderful week!

Thanks,

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for business. The hotel is in very good shape and very clean. Hotel staff were very helpful and courteous. The cookies in the evening after coming in from a long day were a welcome snack. I guess the only thing was my bed would not adjust like it was supposed to but it was still pretty comfortable. Lord willing I'm coming back in March and so maybe I'll get a chance to try out a working bed : )

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jennifer S

Hello Jennifer,

I wanted to reach out and thank you for your nice comment and to sincerely apologize for your the bed adjustement dial not working. Please let me know when you'll be returning so I may personally inspect your room to make sure everything is in order. Thank for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is always clean and friendly. The desk staff is very helpful and cheerful.The bar staff is very good at remembering guest preferences from evening to evening. One in our group had an issue with sugar ants in her room and the staff offered to move her. She didn't think it was that big of a deal and didn't move. The ants were probably the result of the previous tenant. No one else had an issue (there were 5 of us in the group, staying 2 days)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I wanted to reach out and thank you for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your group and for your kind words. We sincerely apologize that the ants as this is something that we take very seriuos and hope that if in the area again you and your group give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Just the fact that a Hilton garden inn has the microwave, free access to the business center (printing including), and fridge all complimentary that just make a lot easier to the traveler to feel comfortable away from home.

The location is not the most desirable, but at least the can can take you within the nearby vicinity. The hotel staff was friendly and they obviously performed multiple jobs in the small hotel which I guess it is common.

The room is spacious, but the ac was noisy and wouldn't work. I tried to turn it off from the wall panel but it continue blowing air. I didn't report it because I wanted to rest and I truly didnt want to move rooms if indeed was broken.

The only thing that it wa noticeable was the black/dark group on the bathroom. Not quite sure if it was actually dark group by the tile, even thought some parts were faded, or if it wa la not cleaned properly. Either way, I put a towel to walk on the floor.

Overall it was nice and I will come back again

• Stayed: January 2013
Jaime E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn-McAllen staff we would like to sincerely thank you for your kinds words as our goal is 100% guest satifsaction and try to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable. We sincerely apologize about the noisey a/c and grout in the bathroom as this part of our on PM works that are working on a weely/monthly base to make every guestroom and hotel good. Take care and we look forward to serving you agin.

Thank,
General manger

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn repeatedly Aug-Nov 2012. I hadn't visited often before everyone on the attentive staff called me by name. (That could be a good, or bad thing, couldn't it?) Anyway, the extra effort to learn/use guests' names reflects the general attitude and interest of the staff. Special Kudos to Moises and Linda, but ALL the staff deserves a tip of the hat.

The facility is a bit dog-eared ... repeated problems with air conditioning as an example. Water pressure is horrible in some rooms. The rooms are clean and tidy with typical HGI decor, and housekeeping keeps things clean during the stay.

There is a nice pool, a small (and busy) gym, a small business center. Breakfast is pleasant ... but mostly due to the staff's attention. No meals are served other than breakfast, but there is a bar open weekday evenings.

Variable pricing has me buffaloed. I always make reservations online and price is never the same form week-to-week.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators ... people noise in the middle of the night can be disturbing
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cigano-Gitano
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I recently stated at Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Texas for three nights. Front desk was very friendly and helpful, provided us plenty of options for dinner. They even provided free shuttle pick up and drop off for restaurant and airport. Very nice convenience so we didn't have to rent a card I had a problem with room a/c told front desk and it was repaired when I returned from dinner. Breakfast was excellent, the chef in very polite and will make you anything you like. lounge area is very nice to come back from a long day for an adult beverage. 4 bucks was a little steep for a beer, however they had a few specials daily for $2.50 or cocktail for $5 that were acceptable. rooms were clean and beds are comfortable. Would recommend this hotel to all and will be back for another stay in December !

• Stayed: October 2012