“Easy, Clean, Friendly”

SpringHill Suites McAllen
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in McAllen
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Maybe it's the chocolate chip cookies they bake in the afternoon, but they do try their best to give you a good experience here. Room is solid, although bed could be more comfortable. Lots of plugs, decent Internet quality and clean, clean. For a few nights at a good rate, it's a good deal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I were recently there for a tragedy in our family. The front desk staff worked diligently in assisting us during our stay. We had to obtain another room since my husband became sick and I had to move to a lack of an immune system. They were able to secure a room right across the hall from my husband which made it easier for me to deliver food to his room, etc. I believe the Front Desk Manager was Vivian; and, she was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Modern new SpringHill Suites follows the Marriott branding. Great service at the front desk and lovely help for breakfast. We stayed one night after being "walked" from the Residence Inn which we always stay in while in McAllen. Pleasantly surprised with the service and cleanliness. We had one issue with the HD on the TV and maintenance was up in the room in five minutes. Very good service all around!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
everlbanco, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites McAllen was enjoyable.

Evaristo Blanco
Front Office Manager
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
1800 South Ware Rd.
McAllen, TX 78503
Tel. (956) 682-6336 Ext. 508

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My family and I rented two adjoining rooms at this hotel. 2 days after we stayed, I noticed 2 additional 175.00 charges. Upon calling I was told it was for a dirty room charge, that there was beer spilled everywhere, stains, etc. NOT TRUE! We did not even have beer and only slept in 1 of the 2 rooms. No eating, showers, nothing. After talking with manager, I was told that he did not have time to deal with it right now. My husband had to go to hotel and front desk clerk would not let my husband speak with manager. He had to track down manager himself inside hotel. The manager then told my husband that it was a mix up and refund the money. We just now got the refund 1 week later. Make sure you pay with CASH if you must stay here bc if they have your card number they may just charge it up!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan L
everlbanco, Manager at SpringHill Suites McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites McAllen.

You indicated in your response that our staff and billing issues was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Springhill Suites have modern but comfortable decor. No too many extra frills. But with the free breakfast they are a great value. Beds are soft. Showers are big. Desk is big and easy to work at. Can watch TV from the couch, the desk or the bed. The bathrooms are big and the toilet is separate from the shower. I usually stay here when I travel to McAllen. Can walk to Cracker Barrell and other options are nearby. Good for business or families.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 9, 2013

A typical Marriott hotel, but the room layout is good as there is a bedroom separated from a living area with large desk. As previously mentioned, the toilet and shower areas are separated from each other and each as a lavatory, which makes for more flexible use for more than one person. Bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. Location in southwestern portion of McAllen is good and easy access to Expressway 83. We were there on a Sunday morning and the breakfast buffet was crowded with people and staff had a difficult time maintaining the food line, but as with most of chain hotels' breakfast buffet, nothing special about the quality or flavor of the offerings.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'm a Marriott person, but this the first time I've stayed in the Spring Hill suite. Boy was I surprised. This is a wonderful place. Walking in we are greeted with the friendly front desk. Yes, I know the front desk this post be friendly, but they smiled and seemed sincere. The room, was that nice as any Marriott. Nice walking shower, a separate room for the bathroom, big-screen TV, a nice couch, even nice lighting in the room. Breakfast had Nunneley the normal eggs and sausage, but also fresh fruit. The hotel was easy to get to, right off the interstate highway 83. That being said, it is off of a busy road, but walking around outside it seems safe

• Stayed: December 2013