“Great Property”

Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in McAllen
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The interior is very nice with a great bar in the lobby over looking the courtyard pool that is very pretty. It was clean and did not smell. The rooms were great and the staff were wonderful. I will go back.

Room Tip: It was nice and quite.
There are newer reviews for Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were there for a summer weekend. Rooms were nice and reasonably priced for our stay, internet was okay, other amenities available, not included and a little expensive as you would expect. Very nice facility, looks great for meetings or special occasions like weddings. Liked the patio, as we were there on a summer weekend, the kids in the pool made it a bit noisy. Staff were nice and professional but not helpful with room info. (couldn't find Marriott reward number, didn't know how much movies were in the room or how to access that information, etc. ) No sparkling wine in lobby bar, just mixed drinks. Ask for the second floor for reduced noise and most convenient to parking garage.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor, most convenient to parking garage, but NOT near ice machine/vending.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank G612
Reviewed June 5, 2014

What an unexpected pleasure to stay at this hotel. Staff have all been amazing: courteous and friendly and most efficient. The rooms are charming; mine had a balcony overlooking the pool courtyard. The balcony was large as was the room and flawless. The one snag: the hotel restaurant - not as good as it could have been: bland, boring offerings, with a long wait time.
The hotel shuttle takes you wherever you need with a courteous driver and warm smiles abound.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view room
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Renaissance Casa de Palmas was a surprise for me - the price was so incredibly reasonable that I wasn't prepared for the charming location and the lovely decor. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was delicious. The bed was very comfortable and I wish I had more time there to enjoy my patio that doors that opened to the pool.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I arrive on Friday afternoon, and Ashley was really fast for my checking and I get a upgrade room, super clean and spacious, I love the Hotel was gorgeous kind of a hacienda.. we have excellent service from Norma Lievanos, wow she is just the best, to set and been really close to be sure everything was set for the meeting. Thanks to Ms. Lievanos service is just the best.. also I need to leave early, so they have shuttle service, again excelente service, and I was at the airport in less than 7 minutes !! lovely!! Thank you so much we have great stay !! one more thing the bed was great.. nice clean and beautiful room!! and one more great think .. free parking !! yeahhh what else we need to ask!

Room Tip: I have a great room on 3erd floor corner little suite with fridge, microwave nice living room, close...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was my second stay at the Casa de Palmas. We arrived early and had no trouble with early check-in, which I appreciated. The hallway outside my room had a leak from the ceiling (probably AC related), but my room was nice. The carpet could probably use an update, but apart from that, the room is quite comfortable and the bed was great. Once again, I enjoyed the courtyard pool and the bar in the lobby. However, there were two fire alarms on consecutive mornings. Thankfully, I was already awake. I'm told it's related to the humidity. I have no idea what that means, but they should get it taken care of quickly. All in all, I'd stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I really want to like this hotel, but cant. Ive stayed here on three different business trips over the years, and it hasn't improved. My last trip was my last.
-front desk gave me a regular room as a platinum member. my gold member business partner got a suite. The front desk said that his name came first alphabetically, so there were no more upgrades when it got to the bottom of the list. Really? She found a suite anyway. But it didn't have a microwave because of electrical issues with the room wiring. Gee, that makes me feel good. Not happy with that, since I was leaving early in the morning before breakfast was available. I nuked my breakfast at work.
- DO NOT STAY ON THE BOTTOM FLOOR. I ended up with a suite on the bottom floor west side, right next to the DUMPSTER. Got to smell it, and here the trash get taken out and emptied.
- hotel is next to RR tracks. Not their fault, but be prepared to hear the train before 10pm at times. Staying in an internal courtyard room would be better. Don't know if they have suites that face the courtyard.
-concierge lounge was good and well stocked. Good staff there.
-forgot my ipad in my room charging on the nightstand at check out. Never saw it again. Manager didn't even respond to my email, even though I could track it inside his hotel.
-good location except for the RR tracks.
-My room was either too hot or too cold. Stayed during winter, and couldn't get the room to hold a constant temperature. It was either 80 degrees or 60.
-parking garage has no security cameras for such a busy downtown area. Just never felt safe in that public garage.
The elevators near the parking garage had a foul garbage smell all week.

Im just tired of staying here. I go to Spring Hill Suites now west of the airport. Spring Hill even has social our for everyone M-Thursday evenings. Snacks, beer and wine, and better restaurants just a block away.

Room Tip: Try to stay on a high floor facing the courtyard. Less train noise and safer. DO not stay on the 1...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff S
mariwes, Front Office Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your most recent review on Tripadvisor. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced on your last stay. Our staff is working diligently to correct those issues.

Certainly there is no excuses for the problems you encountered; however, through your feedback we have notified our chief engineer regarding some of the issues you were inconvenienced.

Our goal is to insure complete satisfaction of every guest and all of our team is dedicated to give the guest the Renaissance service they deserve.