Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel
$89
$80
SpringHill Suites
Motel 6 McAllen East(McAllen)(Great Value!)
$45
$73
$69
$73
Travelocity
$71
Super 8 - Mcallen/Downtown(McAllen)(Great Value!)
$59
$108
Studio 6 McAllen(McAllen)(Great Value!)
$52
$44
Wingate By Wyndham McAllen Airport(McAllen)(Great Value!)
$71
Travelocity
All reviewsparking garagecourtyard viewsausage treehistoric buildingcharming hotelthe concierge loungespanish roomfrench doorsspanish styletwo sinksthird flooran older hotelhotel shuttlegreat barfree weightslobby barcommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is my second stay at the Casa de Palmas. Overall the hotel is a mixed bag. My last stay I was in a really quiet room tucked off the main hallways. This time my room was located on the second floor a few yards from a extremely loud ice maker and vending machine. The door was kept open, I assume to keep the heat down in the room, but the noise was incredibly loud in my room. Luckily I could turn the air/fan in my room on to mask it. I agree with the previous review that there is a musty smell in the rooms but you get used to it. The rooms are incredibly clean. The fitness room is adequate.

What makes the Casa de Palmas excellent is the staff. From Danny at the bar, to Cecilia at breakfast, to the front staff I was treated like I was a frequent vistor to the hotel and part of the family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Matthew K, Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear sket101,

Thank you for taking your time in reviewing our property. First, I must apologize for your room position. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our rooms, please let us know so we may accommodate you.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words about the team. Our first priority is the satisfaction of all of our guests. We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Live Life to Discover,

Matthew

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel was pretty nice overall. The bed was awesome, very comfortable with lots of pillows and a great comforter. Parking is easy and attached to the hotel. However when you step from the garage into the hotel a mildew or musty smell hits you hard. Its fine when you get into the room but those few minutes are rough. Lobby is great and the restaurant is really big.

Room Tip: pay the extra and get a room with a balcony (inside room)
1  Thank Russell K
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Russell K.
You hit almost all the high points of why someone should stay at our historic hotel located in Downtown McAllen, Texas. Thank you so much for the kind words and we are so glad you loved the beds, they are definately comfortable. You mentioned an odor as you walk into the hotel from the garage and we are looking into what might have caused that and we will get that removed quickly. Come see us again soon. Sandy

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was in McAllen for less than 24 hours for a business trip. After spending eleven hours in airports and airplanes this hotel was a welcome sight! The property is clean, spacious and well managed.

I wish I had more time to evaluate it but like I said it was a quick trip. I will stay here next time I am in town.

1  Thank tomthbomb
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Mr. tomthbomb, I hope you get to spend more than a few hours in McAllen the next visit. We have so much to see and do and some great entertainment options. Thank you for your nice comments and we look forward to your next visit. Please stop by and say hello. Sandy

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I regularly stay at the Casa de Palmas (Renaissance Hotel) in McAllen. The staff is outstanding! The room are a bit dated and the air conditioning is not always working properly. The fitness center is well-equipped, although there are times when the water dispenser is empty. The only complaint I have is that the food in Club Lounge in the evening is not as good as it used to be, Cecilia, who runs the Club at breakfast is awesome, and does everything she can to ensure that clients have what they need. In the evening, there is not consistently the same staff.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the courtyard; otherwise you might hear one of several trains that pass close by.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph S
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Joseph S.
I am so glad to hear from one of our regulars. Thank you for being loyal to us and for the nice comments about Cecilia, I wish I could clone her. We will work on improving the food selections during the evening and look forward to your return to McAllen. Warmly, Sandy Arnold

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel has a rustic but modern feel which makes it unique. It is clean and well-maintained. I saw some spots of mold in the shower the first day I was there so I left a note for housekeeping and when I got back it was sparkling clean. The window in my third floor room had shutters instead of curtains which did a great job keeping out the light. And I loved that you could open the window in the morning and see what the weather was like. They had a charging station behind the TV for every different kind of phone connector which was awesome. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lauren05_12
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Lauren,
Your comments were greatly appreciated and we always welcome your thoughts. Thanks for mentioning the ability to open your windows because that is so unique in todays typical hotels. I am glad my team was responsive and that you enjoyed our charging station. The charging station is quite unique and really comes in handy when you forgot to bring your chargers. Hope to have you return to McAllen soon. Sandy