“Comfortable stay, nice, unique hotel”

Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
El Campo, Texas
“Comfortable stay, nice, unique hotel”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel has a rustic but modern feel which makes it unique. It is clean and well-maintained. I saw some spots of mold in the shower the first day I was there so I left a note for housekeeping and when I got back it was sparkling clean. The window in my third floor room had shutters instead of curtains which did a great job keeping out the light. And I loved that you could open the window in the morning and see what the weather was like. They had a charging station behind the TV for every different kind of phone connector which was awesome. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lauren05_12
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Lauren,
Your comments were greatly appreciated and we always welcome your thoughts. Thanks for mentioning the ability to open your windows because that is so unique in todays typical hotels. I am glad my team was responsive and that you enjoyed our charging station. The charging station is quite unique and really comes in handy when you forgot to bring your chargers. Hope to have you return to McAllen soon. Sandy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Both times I have stayed here,not though choice booked by my company I have had more bites than a pro fisherman!!!if have to visit this hotel again I will bring lots of repellent.one a positive note the bar staff where great got to know them well(who want to stay in your room when your getting eating alive)?

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank Mikeysparky
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Mikeysparky,
I was so sorry to hear of your concerns with mosquitos during your visit. We do not wish for anyone to have that experience and hope you can appreciate that our hotel is quite unique in the area. Being a historic hotel allows our guests to break away from the typical high rise, windows do not open type hotel to one that has balcony doors overlooking our pool area. As well, in one city block we have almost 100 palm trees as part of our lushious landscape. I would very much like to have the opportunity to speak with you to apologize for the visit and hope you will connect with me so that we can discuss . We want you and your company to continue to use our hotel and know we can find a resolution. Cordially, Sandy Arnold
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here recently on a business trip and was fortunate to get an upgrade to a suite so I can't comment on the other rooms. The suite was huge, nicely decorated and super clean - nothing to complain about except maybe not having a balcony (I love balconies :-)).

The hotel itself has the pool area in the central courtyard and most of the rooms on the interior open up to a pool view. The weather was perfect and the pool was empty so I took a snooze out by the pool - most relaxed I've been in weeks.

They gym is a bit small - they have cardio equipment, a set of dumbbells, and a bench. Adequate but nothing great.

I had dinner in the bar - food was pretty good, but the conversation was better - many interesting people from all over the world were eating that night.

The lobby is very nice and well decorated. There are several public areas where you can relax - garden patios, pool area, and some balconies on each floor - all great places to enjoy your drink from the bar.

Overall it was a great experience - not 5 star, but a very enjoyable stay. I definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: They have train tracks running outside the hotel so get a room away from the tracks. Also, the inte...
2 Thank texasgringogator
Dear Texasgringogator,
Thank you for the very kind and positive comments about our Renaissance Casa De Palmas. We so appreciate that you were able to enjoy and appreciate the unique features of our hotel and look forward to a return visit soon. Thanks, Sandy Arnold
san antonio,tx
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is ridiculous. The last three times that I've stayed hear they have been playing loud dance music in the bar which can literally be heard in every room in the hotel. The music plays until 11pm. Last time they said it was just because of holiday parties. Now here we are middle of February and it's still happening. What business traveler would be willing to put up with this??? This will be my last stay at this hotel.

4 Thank BMcM
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear BMcM,
I truely regret the loud music you experienced from our ballroom function since we do not have any music in our lounge area. We do have policies in place for music during weddings and other events both for week day and week end. I sure would hate to loose your loyalty when we can solve this issue easily by making sure your profile indicates for us to place you away from the ballroom upon check in. Please allow us to personalize your reservation history so that we can continue to have you as a guest at Renaissance Casa De Palmas. We would appreciate this opportunity to have you continue to enjoy our hotel without music interference. Thanks, Sandy Arnold
Palm Harbor
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is an awesome hotel with a rich Texas history history The lobby and entryway are beautiful. The staff is friendly and the drivers are accommodating It is only about 10 minutes from the airport and surrounded by good restaurants.

2 Thank captric1
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Awesome,
Thank you so much for the comments. We are so glad you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and public areas and stayed true to the historical aspect of the hotel. Come visit with us again soon. Warmly, Sandy Arnold
Edinburg, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Arranged a 2 night mini honeymoon for a co-worker. All arrangements were made via phone & email. My co-worker & his wife were treated like royalty & had nothing but good things to say about their experience. Thanks to all of you at Casa de Palmas

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cheryl S
lima
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Casa de Palmas. I was very impressed by the facade of the hotel and the courtyards. I stayed in a room on the 2nd floor that was across from the parking garage ramp but I never heard a noise at all. My room was spotlessly clean. There was a slight musty smell that I would associate with an older building but it was not offensive. The room was very large as well as the bathroom. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and the server was very personable. They open for breakfast very early so we were able to have breakfast before our 7am flight. I would highly recommend the Casa de Palmas for anyone in the McAllen area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sket101
sandyarnold, General Manager at Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear sket101,
Thank you so much for the nice comments. We are so glad you had a great time with us and hope you will come back soon. Sandy Arnold