“Best restaurant I've yet to go too!”

Fridas Grill and Cantina
Ranked #65 of 470 Restaurants in McAllen
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come for the food, stay for the wine!
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Going to Frida's Grill and Cantina by far one of the best experiences yet! Beyond amazing food, great drinks and incredible vocalists as you dine in. The outdoor bar after dinner has to be one of the most soothing open bars yet. Really an amazing place all around! The waiter there was very attentive; gave great service and made you feel as comfortable as possible. Once again Fridas Grill and Cantina has to be the best restaurant in all the valley wether it's dinning in as a family/couple/lonesome or simply with friends, the best.

4  Thank YSLsjl

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Restaurant has it all, from delicious food to excellent service and plus you can stay for the fun, live band awesome drinks!!

2  Thank D J J
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went to Fridas after a long day and during a business trip. Fridas is located on a street with several other restaurants and evening venues and bars. The night we went (Thursday) we found parking on the street very close to Fridas. If you go during the day, take coins as the parking on the street has coin operated meters. The street, restaurants and bars on this Thursday evening at 8:30 were empty. When we arrived to Fridas we were the only ones there until 10:00! The bar was closed when we arrived but opened as we were leaving. The food was good, the server was friendly and very attentive. The decor is nice, table setting is nicely appointed with tablecloths, nice dinnerware, and dramatic napkins in the glasses placed so they look like tall candles. We had sampler appetizers brought on a wooden serving plater, nicely presented and good way to try small tasty treats. I had chile relleno- with typical rice, beans. It was good but not exceptional. My friend had emoladas poblanas- and said it was very good. The flan I had was very good.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Our family went for dinner after reading the other reviews. I was surprised to find such a wonderful restaurant in McAllen- one that I had never heard of before, despite living here for 9 years. I could go on and on about why we had a great experience tonight- but instead, I'll give you insight by highlighting some of what was said at our table..."that's my favorite guacamole", "what's in this salad dressing, it's amazing", "hey try this one, it's so good", "I ate the whole steak, every bit of it was good", "I love this dessert". I'll admit- it wasn't a cheap meal, but we did get appetizers, drinks, steaks, and dessert, so we expected to pay a little more than our usual. I assure you, that everyone loved the meal, the ambiance, the staff, the whole experience...we'll be back!

2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I had the perfect wedding at Frida's back in Nov. 2013. Mr. Sergio Luna was nothing short of awesome. The ambiance was elegant and inviting. The food was phenomenal! A big thank you to Mr. Luna's mother who suggested the lobster bisque. The place is a perfect balance of indoor/outdoor setting. Frida's wait staff was attentive and spot on. We highly recommend this venue for any occasion from weddings to a night out.

1  Thank rubensal